🇮🇩🌾 :: Warmth

Start from the beginning

"I'd thought something was up around here and I guess I was right. Did you and Malay get into an argument again?" the organization asked politely, tucking his wings at the back and making it disappear. "I want an honest answer."

The country sighed. "Yeah, he just wouldn't keep his mouth shut about things he wasn't apart of."

"That's merely such a confrontational response."

"Because it is?" Indo complained. "This morning, he wouldn't really stop bothering me to do things I know I should be doing. And now the mess downstairs."

"Isn't he just informing you to do them?"

"Well, it isn't informing if he would just keep saying it for like 5 times in the span of 5 minutes!" he shouted, annoyed at that question. But eventually realized how loud he was and calmly apologized, "Sorry."

ASEAN just nodded and grinned in response, and eventually just sat down beside the country. Looking over the view, he eventually changed the subject as he knew he would regret going deeper.

"I remember back then, sunsets and sunrises are literally a thing for us two to see each day because it's reminds us of ourselves."

"'Us two'?"

"The thing before the fusion thingy, you know?"

"..Oh them," Indonesia sighed. "I don't know if they did forgive me after the confrontation though, do you think?"

"You know it's hard for me to do that."

"I know... After all I've done to keep everyone apart."

"I believe that wasn't intentional," he confirmed. "I know that you have done those things just so because you just- wanted to make something out of yourself, or protect yourself, after whatever rocky relationship you had with Neth-even to this day he would email me to kick you out of ASEAN."

"Wait, really?!" Indonesia asked. "It's his fault to put me under such stress anyway."

The organization chuckled. "I wouldn't really say the same for ASA and the organization-you-made-but-killed though, I don't think they knew what's happening with you."

The country would eventually be silent for a couple of seconds, raising his legs towards his chest and eventually hugs it. He eventually asked, muttering in his own language. "[If you're the combination of them two, then why are you being soft to me rather than wanting to kill me?]"

ASEAN glared at the other for a moment before looking back, sighing. "[They really didn't know anything on what you've gone through.]"

"[That doesn't answer it.]"

"[It does,]" The organization responded quickly, before going through another statement back to English. "Maphilindo and ASA were both technically children. ASA only came to Earth for like about 4 years ago since that happened. She hated you for that duration mostly because your attitude towards Malaya and Phil, Maphilindo didn't like your energy in general, mostly because you ignored him."

"[Well, I'm sorry?!]" Indonesia expressed. "I didn't- I just wanted things to happen for my own good and I did forget MPI existed."

"That. That's why they hated you," he explained. "They knew that you just liked to have things for yourself and not for other people, but didn't really understand the full picture of why. Now that I'm suddenly older, I noticed how much you have gotten into in the past. I'm sorry if I somehow felt so agressive beforehand."

"I..." the country blurted out, left out speechless for a couple more minutes. "I didn't know how much I hurt you both..."

"Don't worry about it, I've started to take those memories as a blur. It's hard at first, all that matters now is what will happen rather than what did," ASEAN stated.

"What do you mean?"

"The future relies on us, Indonesia-even if our past experiences feels oddly broken," he clarified. "I've talked to the ones who did have a bitterness on you before about you just a couple of weeks ago, I guess I can just say that their responses were positive-to-neutral."

"Even the Netherlands?"

"Even Holland. Also did ask France and Britain."

Indonesia smiled, "Do you know why?"

"You know I can't answer that, it depends on who you're asking."

"Wild guess?"

"I suck at that."

"Alright," the country stated, and eventually glared at the other. "You should seriously be a father sometime."

ASEAN became disgusted at that suggestion. "Ew, I don't like that."

"You singlehandedly took care of Timor Leste as a kid for a few years."

"UN's fault. Go insult him," the organization huffed, with the country chuckling at that reaction.

"We can't."

"Exactly."

The pair both laughed in unison.

As soon as the huge star falls within the body of water, the moon shined as bright it could've, in which the two had stayed longer on the rooftop more than they should've.