6

Status: Unedited

Published: June 12, 2022

You jumped off the roof after changing back to your uniform, wary of the light you were closing in to.

You unsheathed your blade, holding the handle with shaky hands. You have never seen a demon with Blood Arts associated with light before, so this was new to you.

How mistaken you were because what you saw was a door made of fine emeralds, red rubies shining in the light that the door emitted, blue sapphires decorating the corners. Purple Amethysts glowing above the White pearls surrounding a Pink diamond which was the doorknob.

Your eyes couldn't believe what you were seeing.

Your crow came to your shoulder which scared you for a bit. "T-Tell the Master that I've found a door decorated with valuable treasure!" you said, your crow nodded and went on his way. You decided to open the door by yourself when you thought it was probably best to wait for reinforcements to come.

And so, you waited until dawn with no sleep at all with the door moving a few inches away every second.

You eventually felt vibrations from the ground which made you smile a little.

"Y/n!!"

At your brother's voice, you stood up and waved at the group approaching you and the door. The door moved yet again which made you take a step toward it.

Giyuu engulfed you in his arms, burying his face on your shoulder. "God damnit, Y/n! You should've told me first!" he says, you rolled your eyes and patted Giyuu's back comfortingly with a small smile playing on your lips. "Calm down, Giyuu. I'm safe and sound, right?" you say.

Giyuu looked at you, eyebrows knitted together. "Even so, you could've told me that you've found the door first so I could have your crow lead me to you," he said, placing his hands on your shoulders, brushing off any visible dirt that was on you that you didn't bother to flick off. Heck, even bugs were crawling on you but because of your procrastination of sleep, you could care less about them.

You leaned your forehead on your brother's shoulder. "I'm just glad you're here to catch me when I fall asleep..." you say, sighing in relief when you felt Giyuu's arms wrap around you. The Water Pillar couldn't help but smile a little as you fell asleep almost immediately.

Shinobu poked her head behind Giyuu. "Oh? Tomioka-san's smiling!" she pointed out to her companions, making Giyuu scowl. "Stop it, Kocho," he said, sweeping you off your tired feet as Giyuu was now carrying you bridal style as you slept peacefully with your head on his chest. "Can someone take off my haori and cover my sister with it?" asked Giyuu.

Tanjiro gladly stepped up and did as was told, taking off Giyuu's haori and draping it over you. Tanjiro brushed his fingers across your cheek, he frowned a little, "her cheeks are freezing cold..." he said disappointingly, Giyuu looked down at you. "I know... She must've waited so long for us to arrive," he then glared at the Insect Pillar, "and it's only because Kocho told me to wait and walk along with all of you when I should've went on ahead," he continues, his eye twitching at Shinobu who was conversing with her Successor happily.

Nezuko was getting restless in Tanjiro's box, making her kick it a few times so the door would fly open, the demon girl now back on her feet with tears in her eyes. She ran to your tired body in Giyuu's arms, checking for any possible injuries, luckily she found none of your skin surface cut open or bruised, just dirt smothered on you and your clothing with your hair messier than usual.

Giyuu looked back at you. "We should head home and ask about when we're going inside that thing or if it's even the right thing Y/n found that we should go into. It may be some kind of demon arts so we have to report its appearance as well," says the Water Pillar, walking back to the direction where everyone else came from. Senjuro and Kanao volunteered to stay with the door incase it moves again, Shinobu has given her approval to Kanao but Senjuro wasn't sure if his older brother would give him his approval. His crow then went to notify the Flame Pillar as he flew with all of you walking underneath him and the peeking sun.

~Time skip, back at the Headquarters~

You woke up to a soft mattress underneath you, your brother's haori on top of you with a clean uniform on top of the haori. You were still in your dirty uniform and you found a note on top of the clothes.

"Hey Y/n, if you wake up, go and meet us at the Ubuyashiki Mansion.

Master wants to see you.

-Giyuu"

Your eyes widened and you looked outside to see that it was already noon. "Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, how long as I sleeping?!" you yelled. You were hella lucky that the infirmary was empty and it was just you at the time so you freely stripped yourself off your clothes and put on your clean uniform, running out the estate as fast as you can to the Master's Mansion.

You arrived with your usual bed hair, panting like there was no tomorrow.

Tengen faced you with a smile. "Just 4 hours, you should rest more after this before the mission will commence," he says, you sighed in exasperation as Giyuu walked over to you, "come on, the Master's coming."

Giyuu led you by your hand to the front of the Master's engawa, making you sit down along with everyone.

The Master's arrival didn't take long as both him and James Ratri emerged from the closed doors and walked out front for all of you to see each other's faces.

It's not like Kagaya can see you too so let's count him out of that sentence, lmao.

"Tomioka Y/n. Tokito Muichiro. Kocho Shinobu. Tsuyuri Kanao. Kiyo. Naho. Sumi. Kanzaki Aoi. Rengoku Senjuro. Uzui Hinatsuru. Uzui Makio. Uzui Suma. Agatsuma Zenitsu. Hashibira Inosuke. Kamado Tanjiro. Kamado Nezuko. All the mentioned Slayers, please take three steps forward."

At the Ubuyashiki siblings' instructions, all of you did so and kneeled down to the ground to pay respects to both your masters.

"As both the Successors of the Flame and Flower Pillar are out to guard the passage way, they are excused," added the black haired boy.

"Greetings, my dear children. It is unfortunately a day for us to gather round and say our temporary farewells to our dear selected Slayers as they leave us for this mission," said the Master. "As for the remaining Pillars and slayers, we need all of you to infiltrate the farms and save any other children who are still alive and about to be butchered and served to demons."

Giyuu was behind you and he reaches out for your hand, making you bite your lip.

The Master kneeled down and bowed to all of you. All of those in his presence were taken aback by his sudden act, telling him to sit up straight and to lift his head from the ground.

James did the same.

"We wish all of you safe travels young slayers, may this operation be a success.

Young Tomioka will be in command, she will choose whoever will serve as her second in command."

You looked up in shock. "Pardon me?"

Word Count: 1254