Chapter 26 ~ Fortuitous

Začít od začátku

"Well for some of us we'll be having face masks, manicure, pedicure - Amelia, you don't look so good," Aunt Alice listed, before stopping and questioning my well being.

"I'm fi - " Just as I was about to assure her, a wave of nauseous washed through me, making me take off as fast as I could to the nearest restroom, only so half a second later I was puking my insides out into a toilet bowl.

When I straightened my posture and turned around, I saw Ness, Aunt Alice and the others lingering around the entrance of the comfort room, all giving worried looks.

"Okay, I don't really think you are 'okay' anymore now," Mother said, breaking the silence that had surrounded us.

"I am," I told but it even felt weak to my own ears, who was I kidding? I just vomited, indicating that I was not simply 'okay'.

"Amelia, maybe you have just started you menstrual cycle again," Grandma said, she knowing very well how exactly I reacted to said condition.

"How? I have checked, I haven't started at all," I said, I started to frown not at all liking what I was feeling at the moment. Am I going to feel worse tomorrow? The question alone made me want to cry, I can't be ill on my own wedding day! The worst thing was I didn't even feel ill apart from the occasional mood swings, random food cravings and sickness. That isn't that bad is it?

"Then what could it be? Carlisle isn't sure himself; did you do anything when you were in Scotland?" Aunt Rose questioned, I paused; thinking of everything we had done during our stay in Scotland, the last night sticking in my mind the most.

"We - I didn't do anything," I told them honestly.

"Let's look at the symptoms, you have been sick, there's been mood swings and then food cravings..." This time my Mum - Bella - spoke and she very well sounded as if she knew what was wrong with me, making my stomach churn.

"What are you implying...?" I trailed nervously, not liking her silence. Bella looked at me, a little sympathy but also curiosity in her eyes.

"Did you have, did you do the deed while you were in Scotland?" She asked, making my heart pound in my chest at exactly what she was indirectly saying.

"Ur, um..." I stuttered feeling terribly awkward. I looked down at the tiled floor, which seemed much more interesting than the conversation I found myself situated in. "Yes."

There was a gasp and I knew very well it was from Aubrey.

"You're not preggers are you?" Aubrey exclaimed. I shook my head almost instantly but remembering the fact we didn't use protection...

"No!" I cried back. "I can't be, I'm part vampire remember?"

"That is true but you also are part human and you do have a menstrual cycle," Bella pointed out. My breath got stuck in my throat as I just stayed speechless in front of everybody.

I simply couldn't be could I? I placed my palm onto my stomach; it felt full of animals of the zoo rather than a forming embryo. But how could we be 100% sure?

"I might just be ill," I whispered, protesting against the fact that I could possibly be...

"Amelia, you're going to have to take a urine test," Ness suggested, speaking for the first time since she proposed having a face mask.

"Okay," I agreed, knowing not else of what I would - or even could - say.

"I'll go get one from Carlisle's Office," Bella said, I nodded as everyone dispersed out the room, well nearly everyone.

"Amelia, its okay you're going to be fine," Aubrey comforted, placing her arm comfortably around my shoulder.

"We're all here for you and you might not even be..."