I clenched my jaw for a moment, aware of the mistake but going ahead anyway. I shut my own door again and went to the practically half naked woman.

My mouth touched hers roughly, not aiming for anything but a release. I gripped her legs and persuaded her to wrap them around my hips. Her arms circled my neck, tongues clashing as we sloppily kissed.

Daphne hissed when I backed her into the wall, my hips pressing into her. "Oh, you're ready to go."

I didn't bother to answer and carried us to the couch I saw a few feet away. With her laying down, I knelt with one knee on the couch while taking my wallet out. I found the condom easily and ripped it open while she undid my pants.

Everything happened with me in a daze. Our clothes were barely off, the condom was on and her legs were opened. Nothing was tender or romantic. It resembled each and every one of my one night stands, nothing but lust.

An hour later, I pulled out of her and she turned around after being on her hands and knees. I sat on the couch and took off the condom, tied it and silently asked for the bin.

I'd only taken off my shirt, my jeans to my thighs. Tugging my jeans and boxers up with my other hand, I discarded the used condom and put my shirt back on over my bra. I hesitantly looked at the woman on the couch who didn't bother to put back on her panties, crop top still on.

"Relax, it was just a fuck." She gave a lazy, satisfied smirk.

I breathed out in relief. "Good. I'm gonna go."

"Good."

I made sure my phone, wallet and keys were on me and I left hurriedly.

~●~

I was running through town at dawn, music blaring through my airpods.

After I went back to my apartment, I showered in hope of ridding the alcohol and regret away. It didn't work, at least not the regret. I'd promised myself to not go back to being that person. The girl who relied on alcohol and sex, but that's who I'd been acting like this past week.

My strong legs pumped harder as I gained speed, my arms steadily moving back and forth. My body was soaked in my own sweat and I could feel my tied hair repeatedly hitting my lower back.

With a rapidly beating heart and gasping breath, I stopped and fell to the grass on my back. I closed my eyes, arms spread and willed the tears to not fall.

I must've stayed laying there for a long time, the music still playing in my ears. It wasn't until I felt someone kick my leg did I bolt up in a sitting position, blinking my eyes to adjust to the figure before me.

Thalia watched me with a frown, her expression curious. She said something but I couldn't hear over the music. I switched it off from my phone in my armband and tilted my head back to see her again.

"What?" I asked.

Her lips slightly tugged upwards for a second. "I said, I thought you were dead."

"Oh. No, not dead." I quietly spoke, taking out the airpods and putting them into my Nike shorts pocket.

"Are you always here this early?" She shivered with the cold morning breeze, hands in the pockets of her oversized jean jacket.

"Sometimes." I mumbled and looked to my left and right, seeing a couple of joggers in the distance. "I see you when I'm here." I added.

She gave an expression that included a scrunched nose and I deemed it cute. "That doesn't sound weird at all." She sarcastically commented.

I smiled a little. "Sorry. I mean, I came to watch the sunrise some mornings and I happened to see you over by that big oak tree. I wanted to say 'hi,' but I figured I bothered you enough so I let you be."