Chapter 3

There was no alarm set, the sun wasn't up yet but Zayn was. It was 5:30 in the morning, a fresh day, a fresh start, he didn't blame the birds for waking him up earlier. He pushed the curtains apart and opened the window. He waited for a few more minutes, the sun was waking up from the east through the branches, aloft the mountain, that yellow and red color spread all over the sky, his favorite scenery. He felt as if he painted the firmament.

Zayn loves music and arts, even though he doesn't enroll in art classes in school. He sees art in everything, be it numbers, names, words, or emotions - there is something in each of them. His face brightened, and a golden smile radiated from the corner of his lips. Trinity was surprised to see him up so early.

'Morning Sunshine '

'Morning Mom' - he greeted, showing his pearl-like teeth.

'I'm seeing a change, why are you up already Zayn?'

'Had a pretty good sleep mom' - Zayn followed her, brushing his teeth.

'I'm gonna get a haircut, it grew too long'  he said casually.

'Not that long..'  Trinity replied focusing on the kitchen stuff.

'Long enough to get a haircut' - he wanted to win that conversation.

'I don't want to say no, but that hair looks good on you son' '

'Alright mom, I'll take another look around to see if I'm gonna keep it' - he looked at her by leaning against the sink, pouting.

'Coffee...' Trinity extended the cup to Zayn and sent him out of the kitchen, knowing that he won't let her do her job. He moved out and smacked ar Doni's door and headed out.

He ran his fingers through the leaves and the touch of dews made his heart chill, he slowly sipped the hot coffee by wandering outside his home. Even though he was in his the full sleeve shirt, coldness reached his hand. He hummed a few lines from one of the Urdu poems he recollected. He sat on the park-like chair outside, a few people were out jogging, and he was feeling merry. He felt as if this was the beginning of a new journey

'I'll figure this out' - he whispered. He sipped the coffee slowly, enjoying the weather - birds were chirping and flying to and from the branches. Today, the 25th of February is envisioned to unveil another chapter of his life. He didn't let the inverted thoughts into the canvas, he kept it likewise - not letting him spin like on a roller coaster, before he could immerse into another questionnaire, a car horn disturbed him from the sight. He was excited, all smiley in the morning.

After finishing the cup 'Coffee was so tasty' - slipped out of his tongue. Trinity looked at him in utter confusion... 'What's going on with this kid'

Zayn kissed her cheeks and got freshened up - so unusual of him, that too on a holiday. Everyone raised their eyebrows on seeing Zayn, way too different from last day - except Donis, even Ziva looked amused. They gathered around the table for their breakfast.

'Don't you have classes today?' Malik asked

'No...' he shook his head.

'Why, it's not a public holiday?'

'I don't know why, it was said that today is off, so yeah' he said.

'Then get ready by noon, we can go to Mosque when I come back, and we can spend a little time there. Most of them have barely seen you and it's Friday and your school is off, it's perfect.' Malik demanded.

'Today?' Zayn asked

'You heard me, today noon' - Malik said in a tough tone.

'But dad' Zayn's voice got interrupted by Trinity's