Chapter 16: The End of Laughing Coffin

"RUN! GO!!"

One man shouted as two people. A mother and her child were running away. The child was confused as to what was going on, the man on the other hand -the father and husband- was on the ground with his leg stabbed by a dagger coated in yellow-colored goo making it a paralysis potion.

"Come on, let's go! Grab on to mommy!" The woman said as she carried her daughter away. 

"Mommy, what about daddy?!" The little girl asked while tears started swelling up.

"He'll come back! I promise! I promise he'll come back! Just close your eyes and later we can play again! I promise!" The woman said to her child.

The father on the other hand was left behind as he tries to leave but then a hooded man walked up in front of him with his dagger in his hands. 

"Why are you doing this!? We never did anything to you!" 

"Oh, well. You see... This is some sort of initiation, our rookie here will kill you and your family as part of a graduation ceremony." 

Then right on cue another hooded figure came with his dagger in hand. He walked up to the man and stabbed him without even talking. The man's Hit points started going down slowly. The last thoughts of the man was his wife and daughter before he de-materialized himself and turned into pixels and in the real world. He died.

"Well, your work's not done yet, Rookie. You still have to kill those two." 

"Right." 

The first cloaked man disappeared as the second one gave chase to the mother and daughter. Using an item to boost his speed, he ran as fast as he can. The mother -while holding her daughter- continues to run away as fast as she can. She felt her husband's death crying to herself she looked at her daughter.

"I'm so sorry for this, dear. Mommy and Daddy loves you so much!" 

"Mommy?! What's going on!" 

The woman then hid jumped to the side as she hid her daughter behind some bushes. 

"Mommy has to go, okay? Promise me you have to run, okay?! Promise me!"

"O-okay! I'll run!" 

"Mommy and Daddy loves you so much. We hope that you can leave this world and go back to the real one. Goodbye..." 

The woman then started running as the cloaked man saw her, noticing that she wasn't carrying her child anymore, he continued to chase her but at a glimpse, she saw the child running in the opposite direction. Clicking his tongue, he took continued to pursue the mother.

"DIE!!!" The cloaked man screamed as the woman looked back.

"Goodbye, Yui-"

*Stab SFX*

The woman lies down as he Hit points slowly de-materialized herself and turned into pixels. The assassin then ran towards the direction of the girl and gave chase, unfortunately he ran out of potions to increase his speed and the effects of the potion he took earlier stopped and the assassin continued on from chasing her.

~~

It was a lovely morning in Aincrad, no matter which floor you are the birds always seem to chirp when there is a sunny day. In Floor 22 located in a coniferous forest, a log cabin is located deep into the forest, a round open grass fields surrounded by trees and the like. This was the same house that both Asuna and Diluc bought for themselves.

The log cabin is just a 1-story house that consists of two main rooms. A large living room and the bath room, as well as a small room used as a storage room near the living room, a kitchen, and finally, the bathroom.