Chapter 1: Death Game Begins

*clank* *clank* *clank*

The sound of battle was heard throughout the whole room. Two fighters locked themselves into a duel. One of them was a muscular, tall, and physically strong man with sharp scholarly features and steel-gray hair that had a strand hanging over his forehead. He wore heavy armor designed to be part of a guild. Fighting him is a player known as the Dark Knight. He is a tall and slender man with pale skin, red eyes, and bright red hair, worn in a low ponytail that extends to his mid-back. He wears a black dress shirt, a long white vest, and a black ascot with a red gem. Over this, he dons a dark brown coat. He wears black pants which are embellished with chains on his right thigh, he also wears cuffed, dark brown boots and a pair of black gloves which he has a habit of adjusting.

The Dark Knight uses a claymore which would be a huge disadvantage for someone who uses both a sword and shield. But even with that weakness, the Dark Knight was faster, in each hit. He immediately dodges and strikes again. The Dark Knight lunges his claymore towards the Man but the Man manages to block it with his shield and was about to swing his sword only for him to be met with a fist to the face.

Surrounding the two were a crowd, they were all cheering for the Dark Knight on the ground as they were paralyzed, but even when they are paralyzed. They still manage to cheer him on. They chant his name over and over again as the Man rose back up.

"I must commend you for gaining this much power. I really am impressed by your wits... Dark Knight." The Man said as he got ready for another attack. "However, this is where the story of the Dark Knight of Aincrad ends, goodbye!"

The Man charged towards the Dark Knight while at the same time, the Dark Knight charges at the same time. Time felt so slow for the two as the Dark Knight remembers what happened ever since he and the others got here.

"What the hell happened?"

~~

Currently, the Dark Knight can be seen walking alone in a dungeon. Only having a torch as his source of light, the teen continued to walk while at the same time dealing with any monsters that spawned in. Most of them were weak, only being between level twenty to thirty. As he walks, he was stopped by the sound of someone screaming. Curious, he went to check it out only to find two people facing the boss of the dungeon.

One of the two was a girl has straight, black hair and bright green eyes wearing a piece of starter-level equipment. Then another was a boy who has navy-blue hair with streaks of lighter blue, accompanied by a long lock of hair that rests over his left shoulder, cascading down to his waist.

The monster was about to attack the two newbies. Until the teen called out to them. "Watch out!"

"What?!" The girl exclaimed, as the Teen jumped in front of the boss and blocked its attack using his claymore. With one swing, the teen manages to kill the monster with ease.

"Hmm... I was expecting more, to be honest." The teen said.

"He's so strong... He took them all down so fast..." The girl said. Then, the blue-haired boy clapped his hands gaining the attention of the red-haired teen and the girl.

"Very impressive." He said. "I must say, you must be a master of this."

"Hmm? Nah, not really. Well, if there's nothing else. See you." The red-haired teen walks away but the girl called out to him.

"Wait! We wanna thank you! My name is Koharu and next to me is..." She looks at the blue-haired boy.

"The name's Kaeya. What about you?" Kaeya asked.

"Diluc."

"Well, thanks a ton. Diluc! Are you enjoying this beta?" Koharu asked.

Diluc nods his head. "Yeah, even though today's the final day for the beta. I'm still having fun. But anyway, I have to complete this dungeon before the day ends. So, see you in the final game." Diluc waved his hand while both Koharu and Kaeya were left and the two talked to each other.