Chapter 9: Lady Guinivere

Steel clashing steel. Sparks of flames appeared as every time a sword makes contacts with another weapon, that appears. The Laughing Coffin guild. An infamous guild that is run by assassins and murderers. In a forest, A young man with brown hair can be seen running away as he was losing health. Behind him were three members of the Laughing Coffin Guild. One of them threw a paralysis coated dagger and hits the player. The player fell down to the ground and was stabbed. His HP reached zero and he was turned into pixels.

"Hahahahahahaha. That was fun! Didn't you see the way he fought? His girlfriend over there really did lose hope when she saw him running away." One said.

Then another member arrived with a girl. The girl has blonde hair and wore some level fifty gear but was still overpowered by the four of them.

"So, what should we do with her?" He asked.

Then another member points his cleaver at her neck. "What we always do. Kill."

"P-please... Don't kill me...! Please...!"

"Sorry girly. We don't care if you're an animal, a grandma, or even a plant. We're still going to kill you because its fun." He then swung his cleaver and killed the girl. "Well, time to get the spoils." He said.

One of them crouched down only to be stabbed in the back by a sword, that player died. All three of them were alerted and got their weapons ready. The other two were stabbed in the back as well with daggers.

"Show yourself you son of a bitch!" The cleaver guy yelled out in the middle of the forest.

Then Diluc appeared in front of him and swung Fenrir's Fang. With just one hit, the Assassin's HP started to go to the yellow zone, then Diluc swung again and that reached the red zone.

"P-please! Spare me! I didn't do anything wrong!"

"Now you know... The feeling of fear knowing a sword is about to end your life. You should have spared her, and I could have done the same... I'm joking. I never spared anyone from any guilds like yours."

Diluc then stabbed him in the jaw and the assassin de-materialized as pixels started to float up to the air. Diluc sighed as he looked where the fallen players' items were.

"I'm sorry for not getting here on time... I'm so sorry..." Diluc sheds a single tear as he took their items and noticed that they had marching necklaces. He tied them up to a tree as the sun was rising. The necklace shined as the sun's light reflected on it.

As for Diluc, he just walked away.

~~

After that whole incident with the former Golden Apple Guild and the whole mess with the system thinking there was a way to escape the game. Currently, the redhead teen can be seen sitting down and eating lunch alone, as he keeps on eating by himself inside the tavern's door opened up to reveal two people wearing cloaks, Knowing that the murder guild Laughing Coffin also wore cloaks and masks, Diluc puts his guard up. Even though they are in a safe zone he doesn't want this lunch to be disturbed. 

The two individuals sat next to Diluc's table and one of them spoke to the other. "Please, let me be the one to order you a meal, Ma'am." The individual said with a feminine voice, it was calm voice she had. 

Then the second individual nods her head and the first one stood up and went to the counter. Not knowing what to do, the Second just waited but stares at Diluc's food, a small saliva made it out of her mouth as her stomach growled. Diluc noticed it and looked at the cloaked woman. The woman then looked away, embarrassed. 

Sighing, Diluc then offered a small plate of food to her. "Here." He said. "You can eat this as an appetizer." 

The girl was surprised by the kindness that he had shown and puts down her cloak. As she did, everyone saw her long blonde hair swaying, Diluc also saw her green-emerald eyes sparkling. The woman smiled at him.