Chapter 7: Date with Asuna

It was hot. Sweat covers every player as their boots were sunk into the unforgiving sand. The sun, radiating heat from the sun as a lot of players were debuffed from the heat of the sun and also the lack of water and the like. Currently, the clearing group were on the 50th floor and it's a desert wasteland. Every players were tired from their excursion and how many days since they have defeated the boss of Floor 49. It was a tough battle but since they are now in a desert, the whole group were tired. With only a few cities and fewer oasis to rest.

The leader of the Knights of the Blood Oath was a muscular, tall, and physically strong, with sharp scholarly features and steel-gray hair that had a strand hanging over his forehead. He was almost always seen wearing the colors of the Knights of the Blood, though the background and foreground colors were reversed.

 He was almost always seen wearing the colors of the Knights of the Blood, though the background and foreground colors were reversed

This man is known as Heathcliff. He is the leader of the Knights of the Blood Oath. Behind him was the sub-leader of the guild called the Divine Dragons Alliance by the name of Schmitt. On the opposite to Schmitt was none other than Jean the Grandmaster of the Knights of Favonius. All of the players were exhausted but they still continued to walk. Diluc on the other hand walked passed Schmitt, as he did that, Schmitt bumped his shoulder.

"Hey, Jean. Why don't you control this dog of yours?" He said gaining Jean's attention but not just her. This also got Heathcliff's attention along with the other top players like Kirito, Roy, and Sachi from the Moonlit Black Cats, Asuna from the Knights of the Blood Oath and Klein from the Fuurinkazan guild.

"I'm sorry for the trouble. Schmitt." Jean said as he apologizes. Diluc on the other hand clicked his tongue while looking at Jean.

"What the hell are you doing? Bowing down to him like that? Besides..." He then looks at Schmitt. "You bumped into me, stop being such a jealous dog from you master and I'll apologize."

"Bastard...!" He then threw a left hook to Diluc but Diluc saw through this and managed to dodge it in time. "You fucking son of a bitch! You think you're still in a high and mighty status? Face it, your guild wouldn't have existed but we needed every able-body to do this." 

"Schmitt! Enough!" One member said to him.

"What? What's he going to do? Punch me in the face and stab me? It's their fault. The Knights of Favonius shouldn't even existed because of their troubles that the other players they gave! That Civil war was just a show for them so that another tyrant could take it. Good thing Percival died, if not then Jean wouldn't have been the Grandmaster of their stupid order!" 

With that, Diluc punched Schmitt and everyone were shocked as Diluc took out a small dagger and stabbed him in the leg. "Well then, why don't you drag your feat when you move. You dog." He said in a cold tone and left. He pushed Heathcliff away before walking away from the Clearing group.    

'Interesting...' Heathcliff said to himself before ordering everyone else to move as well.

After an hour of walking under the blazing sun. The clearing group managed to enter a city known as Sol, in the handbook it is the capital city in Floor 50. Tons of NPCs were there to do trading and even living out their normal lives. The whole clearing group dispersed as they find some place to rest and recover after their battle in Floor 49.