Chapter 18

Another memory appeared. It showed Team 8. They were jumping from tree to tree, they seemed happy and confident. The had gotten the other scroll they needed from the group they had trapped. They voiced their plans to head straight to the tower.

"This seems normal..." Chocho said.

Kiba and Akamaru suddenly stopped, it seemed they sensed something ahead because he had Hinanta check with her Byakugan. She confirmed. Shino put his head to the tree, he guess six people, two team were facing off. Kiba said they should go check it out.

"Why?" Boruto asked. "They have both scrolls don't they?"

Kiba jumped ahead, forcing his team to follow. The scene skipped. It showed Akamaru cowering. Something Mirai wasn't accustomed too.

"Something's wrong." Mirai voice was laced with worry. "Akamaru doesn't get scared easily.

Kiba stopped as well when his partner suddenly became spooked. His team followed in suit.

"What happened?" Hinata asked, "You stopped suddenly."

The white puppy climbed into Kiba's jacket. He was shaking and whimpering.

"Akamaru got frightened all of a sudden." Kiba said.

Hinata asked why the puppy was suddenly so scared. Kiba explained that his ninja hound could smell and sense the power and size of an enemy's chakra, and said it was the first he'd seen the puppy this scared. The wild boy tried to comfort his partner. He said that the people ahead weren't ordinary. They moved forward. Before them were two teams. One were a team of Rain Ninja. The other, were Shikadai's family, His mother and uncles. The two teams stood a good distance away from each other. Kiba question why a small boy like Gaare was picking a fight. Akamaru whined. It seemed he said something to Kiba as the boy's face changed to shock.

"What did Akamaru say?" Hinata asked.

"He said the big guy's dangerous." Kiba answered.

Kankuro told Gaara they should of stalked them, find out what scroll they had to avoid pointless battles.

"It doesn't matter." Gaara said, making their opponents confused. "If their eyes meet mine... I'll kill them all."

Shikadai's eyes widen. He couldn't tell if his uncle was bluffing. Judging his uncle's face, he didn't know. The Rain ninja attacked first. He tossed up a few umbrellas and activated a Jutsu. Hundreds of needles came flying a the redhead and his team. The area was covered in flying dust. None of the Sans team could be seen. When the dust cleared it showed Gaara, surrounded in sand, pierced by dozens of senbon. The Rain ninja tried again to attack with his needles, but Gaara's sand just blocked the needles. Temari and Kankuro stood off to the side, no needles near them.

"That sand." Kiba said. "It smells terrible."

Shino inquired when he meant. Kiba said the sand had a strong smell of blood. Kankuro was explaining Gaara's sand. The it was an absolute defense and that it automatically protected Gaara and the small area around him, even without the boy consciously controlling it. The Rain Ninja leader charged Gaara. He didn't get far as Gaara's sand wrapped around the man's body, preventing his movement. Most seemed shocked, mostly those in the memory itself. The Rain man's umbrellas fell to the ground, near Gaara and his team. Gaara said he could cover the man's mouth and kill him. The redhead picked up one of the fallen umbrellas, he said it would be pathetic. Gaara's face remained impassive as he raised the captured Rain Ninja up. Shikadai took a step back, his eyes wide as he watched his uncle crush the man with his sand. He heard someone throw up. He himself felt sick and turned around, falling to his knees and vomited as well. The sight of the raining blood, turned black from the sand, rained on the man's screaming teammates. The two other pleaded for their lives, giving up the scroll. Shikadai covered his ears and clenched his eyes. It did nothing to block the sound of the terrified Ninjas that Gaara crushed. No one moved. No one spoke. Shikadai still didn't opened his eyes and ears. Gaara stated he wanted to kill more. Kankuro tried to stop him, saying the redhead was putting him and Temari in danger. The painted boy said Gaara should listen to him since he was his older brother.