Chapter 01

"Konohamaru-sensei!" Boruto called out. "Why are we out here again?"

The Blonde, his team, Shikadai's team, Metal Lee, and a Chunin, Mirai Sarutobi, were walking through an ancient forest, filled with heavy fog and Giant trees.

"We're here to investigate the forest." Konohamaru told his student. "Apparently there have been rumors about strange occurrences happening and that a person is behind them."

The group of nine walked up an incline, leading deeper into the forest.

"Okay, then why are they here?" Boruto asked, pointing at the people that weren't part of his team.

"More eyes make will make this go faster." His Sensei told him, scratching a cheek.

The fog began to thicken even more. They could no longer see a foot in front of them.

"Careful not to get lost!" Konohamaru told the eight kids "And be on alert, we don't know what we're dealing with."

Just as the older ninja said that, he dissapeared in the fog.

"Don't worry Sensei." Sarada said. "The only one we have to worry about is Boruto."

"Hey! No we Don-" The blonde was interrupted by running face first into a tree.

"Point proven." Shikadai piped in.

"Shut up!"

Boruto rubbed his face before crossing his arms behind his head.

"Sensei, how much farther do we have to walk?"

No reply came.

"Sensei?" Boruto said again.

Again no answer. Now everyone was tense.

"Did we all just lose Konohamaru-sensei?" Chocho asked.

Suddenly, the fog was disturbed, followed by a laugh. The eight young ninja took formation. Backs to each other's, weapons drawn, and in a circle to guard each angle.

"Who's there?" Mirai demanded.

Another laugh followed the demanded.

"Pitifully spoil kids." A woman's voice rang out. "Think about nothing but themselves. I only see potential in a few of you."

"Show yourself!" Boruto demanded. "And where is our sensei?"

"Oh your sensei is a little... Occupied right now." The voice said, the kids tensed even more. "But don't worry, I haven't hurt him."

The fog cleared a bit, it revealed a woman, no older than their own parents, sitting on a boulder. She had long, unruly black hair, and wore a ninja outfit consisting of black, greys, and purples.

"What do you want?" Shikadai asked the women.

"I'll tell you but first, what do you guys really know about your parents?"

No one answered, mostly because they didn't understand why they were asked that. This cause the woman to smirk.

"Some of you think so little of your parents, that they don't understand how you feel, or that their childhood was much easier than your own, or even that they are so unlike you you don't even think they're your parents."