Shattered Bonds

It's exactly two days later when Yami is confident enough to send both Yuno and Noelle out on their own to the capital. He praises them both one last time for their efforts before sending them on their way with a warning that they better not come back hurt again.

It is Yuno's first time in the capital and he's overwhelmed by just how large the city is. It is bustling and crowded and Yuno feels like how he did in the castle town. 

Anxious.

His fingers itch and he struggles to remain calm as he seeks out Asta and tries to keep him tethered close to him.

He hates being in crowded places like this, there's too much noise and it all jumbles together to form an ocean of miss matched conversations and whispers.

The people here mostly don't think much as they pass them by, but some catch sight of their robes and sneer.

It makes him want to squirm. It feels like they somehow know about his past and about the ghost who they cannot see.

"Yuno! Noelle!" 

He nearly jumps out of his skin at the sudden shout of his name. He quickly spins on his heels and catches sight of Mimosa excitedly running up to join them with Klaus not far from her.

"Hello Mimosa," Noelle greets as Yuno gives them an awkward nod "Klaus."

The silver haired man returns Yuno's nod "how are you two doing? Have your wounds healed?"

A small smile curves onto his lips "yes sir thank you for asking."

Noelle shrugs "I recovered in no time, I am royalty after all."

Mimosa covers her mouth with her hand as a small giggle spills from her throat "I am very glad to hear that."

Klaus looks around for a moment before locking eyes with Yuno "and what of Asta? Is he with you now or is that not how the curse works?"

"He's here," Yuno assures- Mimosa and Klaus both seem to like Asta now so he sees no need to hide him "you can't see him but he's actually right beside Noelle."

Said girl rolls her eyes but there's a playful smile on her face "of course he is."

"He really likes you for some reason, I can't imagine why."

Noelle shoots him a glare "it's because I'm very likeable."

Yuno raises his hand and gives her a 'so-so' motion.

"How dare you! I am royalty!"

Yuno snickers and he can feel Asta growing playful through their link.

"I see," Klaus clears his throat and pushes his glasses up "I assume you've been sent here for the same reason as us?"

Yuno raises an eyebrow "to submit our report on the dungeon?"

"Perfect, if that's the case then we might as well all go together don't you think?" Mimosa asks with a tilt of her head.

Yuno nods while Noelle smiles and crosses her arms "well I suppose that makes sense, so I shall allow you to accompany us this once."

Yuno rolls his eyes turning away from the group and continuing on their path to walk towards the Magic Knight's headquarters.

The girls continue to chat amongst themselves, exchanging stories and opinions on various teammates and situations they've found themselves in since joining their respective squads. Klaus on the other hand has remained silent as he walks beside Yuno. The younger can tell the man wants to say something to him by the way his fingers twitch and he keeps glancing at him.