Chapter 37 Dark Past

Hey, guys! Happy Valentines day!!! I don't have school until Tuesday because of the President's day break-yay!- so maybe you'll get another chapter between now and then :D This is really short, sorry, but it explains a lot about Abby..

Love ya guys so much!

-K<3<3

Chapter 37

**Abby's POV**

I walked into the house. "I'm going to bed now," I announced.

I went into my room and changed into a pair of green sweatpants and a baggy black shirt. I brushed my teeth with my flashing toothbrush and flopped onto the bed.

I thought of Claudia, stranded, vulnerable, who knows where. Tears started to stream, down my face onto the pillow.

**Niall's POV**

I headed back to my room, but stopped when I heard muffled sobs coming from Abby's room.

I knocked Lightly on the door, "Abby? Can I come in?"

"Y-yeah," She said.

I quietly opened the door and closed it behind me. I sat down on the bed next to her and enveloped her in a huge hug. We sat there for I don't know how long, her sobbing into my shirt.

Eventually her sobs died down into hiccups. When she pulled away from me, I saw that her makeup was running and her eyes were red and puffy. She was still stunning though.

"What's the matter, love?" I asked softly.

"C-Claudia," She said.

"We're all sad. We all miss her."

"No! That's not it! I mean, of course I'm sad, but it's more than that. If Claudia dies on that island, my life is pretty much over. She's my best friend. She's my rock. Without her, I would probably be dead. My family doesn't care about me. I have to sit there and watch my parents coddle my monstrous brother while I'm permanently forgotten. I was friendless from the beginning of 9th grade until halfway through my senior year when Claud moved to New York. Not only was I friendless, but I was bullied. At one point I was popular, but my "friends" turned the whole school on me. No one liked me. I couldn't get a boyfriend. There were so many rumors going around about me. I found countless notes in my locker, telling me how ugly I was and that I should die. I started to believe them. You can only say "haters gonna hate" for so long. I starved myself. I went days without eating.

"My parents never noticed. They never noticed that I didn't show up at dinner, that I came home bruised and bloody from getting into fist fights. Ever since my little brother was born, I'm lucky to get a "Hello" when I come home. Sure, we have money, but that doesn't mean I'm happy. When I met Claud, I was honestly considering suicide. But she convinced me that I was pretty, and that I should eat, and that it was worth living. I owe my life to her. And now she might be gone forever."

I stared at her in disbelief, "Oh my God. Never in a million years would I have thought that. I'm so sorry."

She shrugged and smiled sadly, "Nothing can change the past."

We sat there in silence for a few minutes.

"Claud really was my rock," Abby said suddenly, "She really kept my feet on the ground. She used to wake up at 3 AM and come get me from whatever party I was at. She said, and I quote, 'I don't want you doing anything you'll regret. I'd rather wake up in the middle of the night twice a week than see you get pregnant or something.' I wasn't legal, so I never drank, though, Field hockey's too important to me. You get kicked off the team and put on probation for the University if you're caught with alcohol in your system," Abby looked up at me, "She can't leave me, Niall, she can't."

I saw her start to cry. I hugged her and rubbed circles in her back, "Shhh, it'll be alright. She won't leave you."

I saw her drift off to sleep in my arms. I laid her under the covers and crept off to my room.

Author's Note

Wow, that was short...lol sorry guys...Let me know what you thought of Abby's past and stuff..

Fan, comment, vote <3

You guys are all so wonderful :) Hope you have a great Valentines day..Having a valentine is overrated anyways..lol...

Love youuuuu! <3333

-K<3