They Live, They Love, We Lie

This was not how it was supposed to go...

Javi Garcia sat, invisible as he had been all day, on a bench in the park, hoping, even though he felt it was pointless at this point, that his father would come to him, scold him for whiling away his precious time instead of doing anything productive.

But of course that wouldn't happen...

This wasn't how today was supposed to go.

That look, that rage in Amelia's eyes, as she and a very, very terrified Dr Akana wheeled Ollie to the hospital had broken him... completely. He knew he didn't have the guts to follow them to the hospital. Everything had spiralled into hell.

He did feel guilty for wounding Ollie like this, but that one gaze of hers seemed to have done more damage.

And now he sat here, with his head hung low, non existent for the universe.

What had gone wrong?

Javi kept thinking and thinking but nothing seemed to help...

And once again, his tears felt imaginary as they rolled down his eyes... never even touching his cheeks.

Where was Aiyon? Where was Zayto? Why was Ollie crying? Why were Izzy and dad crying? Why did Amelia seem so shaken? What was going on?!

And worst of all... why was nobody telling him what was going on?

And Amelia. Talking with her made everything okay, just ranting, if nothing more, what had happened today?

Javi closed his eyes, and tried to trace his mind across the entire day, trying to just... remember what had happened. As if a spectre had appeared out of nowhere, and taken him out of his life.

Everything was in pure silence, no one breathed a word, a silent whirlwind taking the universe for a spin, scattering their lives and lies like dry leaves in an autumn gust.

He was sure of one thing though, it was him. It had been him. He had ceased to exist as the man he had once thought he was. He was a demon, a monster, he recalled distinctly how he lost control, how his fists glowed dark, black, violet around the edges, and in a burst of adrenaline, or some sort of paranormal energy, or anything at all , that he couldn't fathom for the sake of the lord, that had channelled into him, and made him... act out.

The pitter patter of rain was what made him open his eyes, though, after what felt almost too long, and he shuddered to realise, in a moment, that the rain never touched him at all.

He stared at his hands, watching as the darkened skies cried their tears over them, and the raindrops passed through him, and splattered onto the park's bench.

Invisible and intangible.

Was he even real, anymore?

The answer came to him almost instantly, he WAS real. He was real, he could feel himself, the impact, that impact had sent Ollie to the hospital. He may not be the same Javi Garcia he used to be, but he was alive, and breathing, and real, and there.

Amelia had also seen him, right?

Zayto, Aiyon, Solon, Izzy, Fern, Adrien, someone, anyone at all, who knew him, could tell him what was going on. If Amelia could see him, talk to him, and Ollie couldn't, maybe there was some sort of filter... maybe...

Maybe if he actually observed someone who couldn't see him, he'd understand what was going on. Amelia had been looking at his own photo when she had seen his reflection, wasn't that what surprised him?

At least I'm not a vampire , he let himself have a small chuckle, as he got up, determined to find out what had gone wrong with him, and his entire universe.