The Shark Hunter AU, Part 03

Kite, Trey, Quattro, and Quinton were shocked by Shark's Chaos Number! "No way!"

"What's a Chaos Number?!"

"Where did a Duelist like Shark learn how to do that?!"

"I didn't know that Numbers had this kind of power!"

Tori sighed with relief, worried that Shark wouldn't be able to win! "(SIGHS WITH RELIEF) I gotta admit you had me scared there for a while, Shark!"

Yuma smiled, never once doubting his friend's true strength... "I never had a doubt!"

That got Kite's attention for sure as his eyes softened before listening to Yuma. "Huh?"

"I was the one who helped Shark get out of the dark path he was on after he got kicked out of the Duel Nationals, so I know what kind of true strength and true honour he has as a Duelist!"

Shark smiled at Yuma's words, agreeing with him while Trey and his brothers watched with amazement! Kite's anger faded, imagining what it was like for Shark and Yuma forming such a strong bond before he first Dueled Yuma... "Yuma and Shark, they're lucky! Those guys have a special bond between them, a real strong one! Just like I had with Quinton, only mine was taken away from me!"

His mind flashes back to when Quinton left Kite a few years ago!

"Hey! Wait up! What's wrong, why are you leaving?"

Quinton doesn't respond to Kite's answer before Kite grabbed his arm, trying to get his friend to talk to him! "Talk to me!"

However, Quinton shoves Kite away, causing his former student to land on the ground before seeing the terrifying look Quinton had in his eyes as lightning and thunder crashed across the sky before he left... Kite didn't move from where he was the raindrops glistening in with his tears, heartbroken that he lost his one true friend forever... "Quinton..."

"It... Just isn't fair!"

"Let me ask you this, Kite; Why do you hunt Number Cards so badly? The reason Yuma hunts them is so he can help Astral regain his memories, so why do you?"

Kite is shocked at why Yuma collects Numbers but knows both him and Shark deserve his answer... "I do it... Because it's the only way I can save my little brother, Hart!"

Yuma wants to say something, but Shark beats him to it. "We are not so different, Kite... The reason I Dueled at the Nationals and ended up cheating and was afraid of losing was because to win for the support of my little sister, Rio, who was injured in a fire and put into a coma! Back then, I had no idea that using a Number Card would change the path of my life so dramatically! It led me to eventually face off against Yuma and Astral! I got to know them, and Bronk, and others as well! They ended up teaching me that Dueling was about a lot more than winning!"

Kite frowned; knowing that for him it was anything but that! Plus, Shark didn't seem to think they were before he met Yuma! "Maybe for you and Yuma but for me, it was anything but that! Besides, you said it yourself! You never seem to think they were before after you got kicked out of the Duel Nationals, right?"

"No, you're right! But Tori and Yuma and all of his friends, you all changed the way I thought about Dueling and what it really meant! That's why Shark Drake chose me! And I wouldn't have been able to summon either him or Shark Drake Vesis if hadn't been for Astral... Because Astral learned how to have Hope from Yuma!"

His mind flashes back to when Yuma said that Astral was his friend during his Duel against Fortuno...

"My friends have always been there when I needed them! Good times and bad times, ups and downs-- through thick and thin... I'm not just gonna ditch my friends!"