Chapter 12: The dungeon pt 2

Lucks lungs became heavy, and he had trouble feeling his body. A man named Lotus stood up in front of the lightning mage and cupped his chin.

"Weakening smoke magic: Garden of plundering smoke." He said.

Luck laughed at the man and slowly got up. "I can't lose. This is too fun!" He exclaimed.

"It looks like this isn't going to be easy." Lotus said. The man let out a nervous chuckle and saw the boy rush towards him. He quickly dodged to the left and studied every one of Lucks movements. "He's getting weaker, but his precision..."

Luck jumped towards him again, but missed once again. "Stop moving around, so we can fight." Luck said.

"Sorry, I don't plan on losing either," Lotus said. His grimoire floated to his side. "Smoke creation magic: Binding cross prison."

Black smoke wrapped itself around Luck and immobilized the boy. "Solid smoke? Why can't I move?" He thought.

"This should do it. That spell takes up a lot of magic, so I'm beat." Lotus said. The man sighed and wondered. "I wonder how that kids doing." He thought.

***

"So, Asta. You said you know him?" Mimosa asked. The girl walked closely to Yuno, and she couldn't hide her smile. Yuno slightly blushed seeing his squad mate, he only knew her for a short time, but he'd be lying to himself if he said she wasn't pretty.

"He's my foster brother. He's not the nicest fella, I'll tell you that. But he has a good heart though." Yuno said.

Mimosa leaned closer and brought Yuno closer to her face. The boy blushed feeling her hands on his face, but he kept a stoic look glued to his face. "Between you and me, I think he has a pet peeve for uptight people." Mimosa whispered pointing at Klaus.

Klaus who was examining a door had overheard what Mimosa had said. "That's enough you two!" The mans brows twitch and a vein bulged from his forehead. "Yuno, get over here and help me with this door!"

Yuno walked towards Klaus and launched a large blade of wind at the door. The door didn't even move from the spell and Klaus fixed his glasses.

"I see that the reports were right. This door is made of pure mana, strong mana. It'll take a lot more to destroy this door." Klaus said.

Yuno shrugged his shoulders and tried to cast a larger spell, but his focus was broken as he heard Mimosas scream fill the room.

"Mimosa!" Klaus shouted.

Yuno looked back finding Mimosa pierced by several sharp crystals. His eyes drifted to the right and he saw a man slowly approaching them. "Who the hell do you think you are to hurt my friend?!" He shouted.

"Get out of my way." The man said.

***

Noelle saw a light coming from afar in the dark hall she and Asta ran in. "I can sense Lucks mana coming through there." She said.

"Then let's hurry up. We can't have a member die, I'm guessing you wouldn't like that." Asta said.

Noelle was bothered by Astas statement, but she had no time to talk. The two got closer to the light and Asta grabbed Noelle. He jumped down landing next to Luck who was out of breath and bleeding from certain parts.