Getting Along

"Do you need anything while we're here?" Liam asked as Simon and him entered the mall. 

     "Nope," Simon smiled. "We're not here to shop, just to walk around together."

     "Won't that get boring?" Liam smirked. 

     "No." Simon shrugged. "Why don't you tell me something about your life? I feel like you're always in an out, how are things with Mary?"

      "Oh Mary," Liam grimaced. "We're uh.. we're not together anymore."

      "That's too bad. Did you stay friends?"

      "Aw, of course," Liam nodded to himself. "We'll always be friends."

     "That's good... I suppose she just wasn't your type." Simon pulled ahead slightly so Liam could no longer see his face as he held in a laugh. 

     "I guess."

     "So Kit's a very nice boy, don't you think?"

     "Definitely." Liam agreed. 

     "I guess all this just has me wondering... Can I ask you something?" 

      "Sure." Liam sped up slightly to meet Simon's stride. 

      "It's just that you've never really been so interested in ... girls." Simon explained. "I suppose I just wondered if there was a reason for that."

      "What do you mean?" Liam flushed. 

      "Well... you know I like boys, and since you don't really seem to like girls, I wondered if maybe you.. also liked boys?"

       "I don't think so." Liam cleared his voice. "I mean, maybe, I guess I've never really thought about it." 

       "That's fair. We've had things a little on the busy side," Simon chuckled. "But maybe you should. There might be some boys that are your type." 

       "There might be?" Liam's face paled. 

       "I think so." Simon shrugged. "I want you to be happy, and I think you've worried about me being happy for so long, that you should worry about yourself for a while. Obviously you don't want your happiness tied to romance, but I think you're in an emotional place where you might be ready now."

      "I think that too." 

       "Is that Kit?" Simon quickened his pace. Across the mall he could see a familiar red-head bobbing about the crowd. "It is!" 

       "Oh?"

       "Yes... oh but he's with Asher. We should... should we?" Simon stammered looking from Asher to Liam. 

       "We should at least say hi." Liam rolled his eyes, and Simon broke out into a smile. He sped up even more and met Kit in the crowd.

     "Simon?" Kit grinned. "Fancy seeing you here." 

     "It is!" Simon pulled Kit into a quick hug. "And Asher! How've you been?"

     "Good." Asher seemed taken aback that Simon had acknowledged his presence. "I've been very good." 

      "Is that Liam?" Kit asked, gesturing to the tall man silently making his way over to them. "HI LIAM!" Kit waved frantically. 

       "Oh.. Liam?" Asher shuffled his feet. 

       "It's alright." Simon squealed Asher's arm, "He's different now. I promise." 

       "Uh.. hello." Liam pursed his lips.