"Plus, you'll get a sick new tattoo." Bianca says to Elaina, who just stands there in silence with the inside of her cheek between her molars.

Angela crosses her arms, a look of stress on her face. She looks at Elaina. "Why don't you go up to my room with Bianca for a second. Let me talk to Harry."

Aw, hell.

Bianca can't help but contort her mouth into a smirk as she hops off the counter, the half eaten apple in her hand. She shoves between me and Elaina and hooks her arm around her.

"C'mon El, let's leave them to hash it out." she says, loving the sibling drama.

Elaina looks over her shoulder at me as she's escorted away from us. She looks concerned, and it's understandable. I won't be surprised if Angela attempts to slit my throat or something.

Once they're gone, I turn my attention back to my half sister. Her arms remain crossed and she looks at me with a tight jaw and just shakes her head a little.

"I can't believe this."

"It happened quickly." I respond.

"She was never supposed to know this much anyway. Do you realize how hard I tried to keep all of this from her?" Angela speaks sternly but quietly.

"You knew that keeping it from her was never really the point."

Me saying this causes Angela to glare at me harder, her stare basically sending daggers into my skin but luckily I'm used to it. She doesn't intimidate me.

"It wasn't the point at first. It's different now though and I know you agree. But regardless, she's in way too fucking deep now. Her being apart of the Monarch's is gonna cause more damage."

"How?"

She looks at me like I'm stupid. "You know how! If Ca—"

"Don't say that fucking name." I mutter through clenched teeth, interrupting her so she doesn't finish what she was going to say. She glares and shuts her mouth.

"We have the ability to protect her. She doesn't even have to be heavily involved in what we do." I explain.

From the moment Vincent gave her that offer, up until right now, I've been thinking about how this could all work out. She can be a Monarch like us. She'll be in the gang, but she doesn't have to do the things that we do to a certain extent.

And no, I don't know if this is the right decision at all.

But after what she told me today, she doesn't deserve to go through more trauma. If being protected by the organization means that she'll avoid a situation that will only hurt her more, then this is the right choice. At least I hope so. 

I can't convince myself that I hate her any longer. I've tried. I've tried so fucking hard, but I can't do it. And she doesn't understand what that means for me.

Because not hating her is one thing, but caring about her is a whole other thing.

Angela groans as he puts her face in her hands, rubbing her eyes before she reluctantly looks back up at me. She's giving in, I've frustrated her enough.

"I'm in charge of keeping her safe then." she states. "I don't trust any of you idiots the way I trust myself."

I shrug. "Fair enough."

"And if she gets hurt, I'm killing you."

"Got it."

"Like bloody murder."

"Yep."

"I hate you." she finally states before heading towards the stairs to her room.

Leaving me alone in the kitchen, I figure that Elaina is good here and I should leave. She's with her friend, I'll give her time to process everything.