Wake up

APRIL 27, 2016 7:30 AM

It was a nice Thursday morning, just like any other: the sun was shining down in the horizon, the birds were perched up in the trees, singing their sunrise song and the sound of a noisy alarm clock could be heard from the Akainu family household. Leah's weary eyes slowly opened as she awakened to the noise of her alarm clock going off.

She turned around to face her desk, where her alarm clock stood, right next to the project that had been the subject of her sleep deprivation for the past few weeks, she had been working on it non-stop and it almost consumed all her free time and hours of sleep, but at least the result was worth it.

And what was this grand design you may ask? It was a take on one of Leah's most favorite subjects: Time Travel.

Leah finally got enough energy to get out of bed and shut off her alarm, which was still ringing this entire time, the lack of sleep was really catching up to her. Nevertheless, today was important for her, considering it was the day the project was due. And Leah was glad her hard work would finally pay off.

After a quick breakfast, she hopped out the door, ready for what the day will bring her....but was she really?

Anyways, her day starts off as she greets her neighboring lifelong friend;

"Morning, Mei!" Leah exclaimed as her friend turned to face her

"Leah? Did you sleep well?"

Sometimes, it gets to a point where others start to get concerned for your well-being, even if you dont notice it, which was the case for Leah's best friend, Mei Yoburi. Ever since this project was assigned, Mei would worry about how making it would impact her friend; Negatively of course.

She would always see the light on when it was the middle of the night, and the next morning, she would notice the bags under her eyes, or the fact that she sleeps during class more often, those alone were clear signs that she was overworking herself, and it was beginning to get unhealthy.

Mei would always agonize over things like this, when it comes to a person like Leah, Mei had to constantly take note of everything she does, and try to give her advice that she really should start listening to because with Leah, something bad was always bound to happen.

"Heh, not really but at least I'm done!" Leah enthusiastically replied, showing the final product to her friend

"Are you sure you want to be openly carrying that around? You'll probably drop it and it'll break, you know how clumsy you are..."

Leah deadpanned, this is what she gets for almost 98 hours of work? How acknowledging...

"No...it'll be fine, I'll be extra careful while carrying it ok?"

Mei squinted, "Are you sure about tha-"

"I SAID IT'LL BE FINE!"

Mei backed away, "Alright I heard you..." deciding it was too early to deal with this...