S1/E4: Forces of Nature

Comenzar desde el principio

Beast Boy shushes Raven again and they both await in a long silence. Then two familiar voices ask the same question in unison.

"Why are we hiding?"

Beast Boy shushes them, only for his eyes instantly to go as wide as saucers upon realizing that his target is nowhere near ground zero. He flips out for a moment before turning to see Cyborg and Y/n hunched down behind him and Raven.

Beast Boy: "Y/n?! You can't be Y/n!"

Y/n: *raises eyebrow* "I... can't?"

Cyborg: "Why can't he be him?"

Beast Boy: *points at Y/n* "If you're you..." *points into hall* "... then who's...?"

Footsteps echo out there as all four look out as a violet boot steps into view and catches the tripwire. The string is pulled taut, the lever moves, and the hook starts to pull away from the rubber band. Beast Boy jumps forward in a frantic attempt to stop the balloon from launching.

Beast Boy: "NOOOOOOOO!!"

Everything seems to go in slow motion as the projectiles is propelled forward by the tension. Beast Boy looks up at Starfire who is so taken by surprise that she literally cannot see straight. And then everything returns to normal speed.

Starfire: "Eek!"

The balloon collides with her face, splattering her with the vicious green contents, and knocks her onto her back. Beast Boy runs up to her as the others follow.

Beast Boy: "Starfire!"

Said Tamaranean Titan has already propped herself up on her hands, but cannot seen anyone due to all the green paint covering her eyes.

Cyborg: "You okay?"

Starfire finally opens her eyes as Y/n grabs her hands and helps her to her feet.

Starfire: *puzzled* "This is punishment? I did something wrong?"

Raven: "You didn't."

Y/n: "He did."

They all turn to Beast Boy, who gives a sheepish green which is accompanied by a sheep's bleating.

Beast Boy: "Star! It was... you weren't supposed to..."

He starts to say something else, but he catches the disapproving stares of Cyborg and Raven, and then the glare from Y/n. The shapeshifting Titan stops in his tracks for a moment because of this.

Beast Boy: "I didn't..." *trails off and laughs* "That paint really goes well with your eyes, right?"

He tries to laugh again, but it dies on his lips as Starfire stands over him.

Starfire: *steadily building rage* "On my planet, we have a name for those who do such terrible things. You are a... a... CLORBAG VARBLERNELK!!"

All of the green paint flies off of Starfire's face with those last two words, and Cyborg and Y/n look a tad bit worried.

Beast Boy: "I'm a what-bag?"

Cyborg: "You heard the lady."

Raven: *shaking head* "You are such a clorbag."

Y/n: "... what's a varblernelk?"

Beast Boy: "Come on, you guys. Can't anybody take a joke?"

A sudden flash of lightning interrupts the standoff.

Robin: "Titans! Trouble!"

Everyone turns to their leader silhouetted in the shadows. However, the next strike illuminates him fully, showing his serious look.