Phasmophobia 8

A sudden dread filled me and I could feel the fear paralyze me; my legs felt like dead weight and the rest of me shook like hell. When Michael let the door shut, slowly would have been an understatement. He had touched the door, gripped it fiercely, yet it closed as if there had been a little breeze brushing past it.

He looked different, too. Not just the ecstatic anger that riddled his expressions, but his whole..design. It was a new human being standing in front of me, not Garrett's threatening friend. Maybe not even a human being. Yet at the same time I knew it was Michael.

He spoke before me, "Do you think you were drinking his blood?"

It was an out of the blue question and he asked it like we were already having a conversation.

I stayed silent; I was in no mood to elicit an argument between me and this..thing. Besides, any mention of me drinking blood made my skin crawl. But he didn't like that, "I want to hear you, Emma, and I didn't hear you."

The air around me grew colder, the atmosphere changing to a sudden negative temperature and the light fell away with shadows replacing them; the room was changing before my eyes.

"I don't know." It was a sheepish reply, but one nonetheless.

He laughed very sinister and I heard another layer of tone behind his own voice. He was not human, never was and never will be, and now he was taking a step toward me.

It was a weird way to move, his gait was lanky like he just learned to walk a few minutes before. After a few steps, he was a good foot away from me, "Tell me. I don't know is not an excuse for the admittance of the truth."

That's when I noticed his eyes. He didn't blink, not once since he's been in the room. I saw the tear trails streak his pale face. He wasn't crying, no; his eyes were begging him to blink.

I think I was crying though. My body finally caught up with my mind on that one.

"Yeah, sure. I thought that-" He laughed then I continued, "that I was drinking his blood."

He was smirking, "Do you think Garrett knows you were drinking his blood?"

I went to reply yes to get it over with but he held his hand up to stop me, "Don't answer that. He doesn't know, let's just start this off with that." He closed the gap between us, "All those blood bags in the fridge? Mine. You've been drinking my blood, not Garrett's."

I shrugged out of instinct and I had to admit it was a bit funny that I did. What did it mean to me that instead of one person's blood, I'm drinking another's? It was no real news to me and I had to laugh. Internally of course.

"Your tie to this world is, well, was supposed to be Garrett. Since you've been drinking mine, you no longer have a tie anymore."

I sent him a confused look but he kept talking, "I never told Garrett how to bring you back because I brought you back. You're a strange Lazarus," He stopped to laugh at his little joke before continuing, "I lied to both of you from the start and now..your pretty face is going to hell!"