Phasmophobia: End

When I found myself waking from my spell of unconsciousness, I was lying in a sheet of water that was staining my clothes with a thick layer of what I guessed to be sweat. I let my eyes open without any effort, I didn't have much choice when my curiosity picked up other noises, sounds of heavy strained breathing that were not my own.

I sat up and my hand went for my head automatically. I felt fine until I pulled it back and looked in horror at my red hand. I was bleeding, but it wasn't my blood, and that alone didn't reassure me. I let my eyes roam and take in the massacre that was around me.

The cabin room, my prison, was my location and I didn't know whether or not to feel happy that I was back in a familiar place. I wanted to stand up but I couldn't will my body. The water, that sweat I felt along my back, was really a massive amount of stagnant blood covering the entirety of the floor. 

I felt useless, staring in front of me as Michael sat slumped over, a simple kitchen knife protruding from his chest and peeking out from his back. He was human again, back in the shell he harbored. He was dying, his sleeked with blood hands circling the handle, as if it were a precious orb not meant for his touch. He stared down, real tears and horrid sobs riddling his being. He was broken and I felt grateful he was experiencing a pain I hope I'd never know.

As for Garrett, he laid beside me, a wide hole in his own chest, revealing the missing heart lying inches away. He was long gone and the entire time I watched him, watched for a gasp of breath that was impossible in his situation. He had loved me in his own twisted way and I had no feelings in return. An animosity yes but never did I care for him as he had for me. I didn't cry nor did I feel sick. I just felt an emptiness I didn't know I had. He had no power over me, even in his death.

Michael noticed me and when we locked eyes, he smirked. His skin was starting to pale and peel off in little strips as if a fire was within him, burning his flesh away. His eyes grew dark and he became more of that demon he once was. I still couldn't move. And I wanted to so badly.

He let his hands fall to his sides, "I'll see you soon, Emma."

I watched him fade until his body was a literal shell. The room smelled of smoke. I couldn't process what he said, nor the scene around me. I just knew that with both of them gone, I had the perfect chance to leave once and for all.

Until it hit me.

I was dead and so was Michael. With him gone, I would soon follow in disappearing. The only thing left to figure out was where would I go?

What will be waiting for me?