three

K A I  M O R E T T I

I groan as I slowly roll out of bed and walk into my bathroom. Untying the black silk robe with feathers on the end, I discard it on the floor somewhere else before stepping into the shower and turn the water on.

Taking my time in the shower before finally stepping out. A thick layer of condensation covering the large mirror that travels along one whole wall.

I wrap a towel around my body and sit down at the vanity, doing my makeup while I avoid all my brothers.

All three of the triplets were home last night, but Leonardo wasn't. Apparently he got caught at work but it was probably yet another lie just to avoid coming home.

Once I am finished with my hair and makeup I move into my closet, also where my unpacked suitcases are sitting. I open them up and grab out a pair of jeans and a tight long-sleeve top.

After I get dressed I start to unpack my suitcases, knowing if I don't do it now it'll never get done.

I'm practically done when a knock echos through my room. "Come in," I yell through the closed closet door. "I'm in the closet."

Someone opens the door but I keep my back turned. Looking into the reflection on one of the glass doors to see who it is. Leonardo.

"Yes?" I don't hide the annoyance in my voice.

"Welcome back. Sorry I couldn't make it last night, I had paperwork stacked for hours." He jokes.

"That's what you've always said." I whisper under my breath, hanging a top up.

"I just wanted to come up and talk to you, seeing as you weren't coming downstairs anytime soon." He says.

"Go on." I bite my tongue in bitterness until a strong metallic taste fills my mouth soon after.

"First things first I need to set down some rules for you to follow, if not there'll be consequences. You are not allowed to bring boys over. You are not allowed to drink, smoke or engage in illegal activities here. School wise, seeing how low your grades from your previous year were, they are not permitted here. If you fail a class, tutors will be arranged and you're allowance will be cut. No trouble, if I hear words from school that you've been suspended or causing trouble you'll be threatened to move and allowance will be cut. Your brothers will take you to and from school and throughout the day you'll be required to stay with them between classes and at lunch." He releases a large breath as if it physically pained him to say all of that. "That should be all the rules. If not I'll tell you when they pop up."

"Anything else?" I finally turn around when I'm done with my suitcases.

His large frame stands in the doorframe. If he walked three metres forward he'd be right infront of me but even with the distance between us I feel as if I can't breath right.

He looks the exact same as if he did last year.

Black hair slicked back, not a singular hair out of place. A plain black suit with matching leather shoes, the same attire who would once wear only for meetings but now are his daily uniform. The only sign of age on his muscular body are the tiny wrinkles on his face.

The lines on his forehead from years of stress. The lines around his mouth from years of chronic frowning. The way his cheeks have hollowed out even thinner than before.

His gray eyes with a silent threat beneath them, hypnotizing me to listen, but this time I won't. I won't fall for the sick tricks he has up his sleeves.

When you think about it our eyes are like the glass of our body, every other part of our body can hide anything underneath, but when you look through another's eyes they tell a completely different story from the person.

The body can't talk but the eyes can.

"One last thing," he mutters as he stares right at me and I finally have the courage to look right back at him. "An auction is being placed tonight, and your attendance is compulsory. This will be your first outing since your scholarship, bring in more business, it'll be all over the news so you better be on your best behavior, or else."

I can read the secret meaning behind his words loud and clear.

It'll be your first outing since you became a walking scandal.

"I'll be there." I clench my fists behind my back to resist causing damage to anything.

"Good." He smirks at me from across the room. "I'll be on my way then." He turns around and walks out of my bedroom.

Burning a hole at where he once stood I quickly break out of trance I was in and walk over to a draw under the expensive jewelry.

Counting down to the seventh draw I pull it open and smile at the contents inside.

Hidden inside multiple tampon boxes are all my goodies.

The stash just enough to last until I find someone here to buy off.

Taking out a blunt and my favourite black lighter, quickly locking my door before walking over to the balcony and opening the glass panel doors outward. The white curtains blow outward when a breeze of wind flows by.

My room is on a side of the house where no one will find me unless they want to find me.

Placing the blunt between my lips, with the lighter following suit. I watch as it sparks to life and the toxic fumes fill my damaged lungs. The familiar burn as I inhale bringing me an odd sense of comfort, the only comfort I truly enjoy.

I rest my hip on the side balcony railing while I look of into the distance, lost in my thoughts as I think back to two years ago.

When I hid everything that happened from everyone, even though I would silently beg them to notice, notice something so they would help me. But like always I was alone.

Alone in a world where I needed navigation. But if I had someone there to navigate me through the darkest times of my life then I wouldn't be the person I am today.

The person I changed into.

The person that killed the younger girl who used sit around and mope and hide behind a smile.

I killed her.

If I didn't I wouldn't be standing here to this day, I wouldn't even be on this earth. I'd be six foot under wishing I stood up and fought back.

As I inhale the last drag of the blunt, feeling the familiar comfort once again as it pulls me under in a daze that I forever wish to stay in.

I don't even remember the last time I was sober for more than a day.

Hello my babies. That I'm in the closet line got me laughing though. Surprised I've edited two chapters today, it's a miracle honestly because ya girl has been so bloody tired lately but I won't make you guys wait a month for an update, hopefully not.

This book is starting to take a dark spin but I'm kind of digging the new Kai. She's in her revenge era guys.

Until next time,

j<3