Inso's Law X Male OC (Part 4)

Start from the beginning

The girls' faces fell, as if they were pulled into hell and came back.

Zale eyes painted in a sly light.

" Congratulations! You failed a simple task! And like any other failure we had in the past, we dispose them off!"

He clapped slowly, amused at how they fell to their knees and cry, pleading for mercy that wouldn't come. Hope is a fragile thing, once crushed, people fall into despair almost immediately.

" Eric, deal with them and hire new, reliable servants."

Eric nodded in acknowledgment before ordering some men to drag those sinners out. Well, to be fair, in this industry, you need to cut out those who aren't loyal at an early phase, or you'll be the one to fall. Who would want to keep those who doesn't follow the boss's order? They might one day become the hidden enemies because they can. They'll trample all the kindness given to them.

Zale's green eyes landed on the same screen that barely shows the video it played. Once he turns it towards him, the scene of Ham Dae-il disappearing into thin air was played.

" Ham Dae-il..."

' Once we meet again, I'll surely apologize to you...'

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

" You had it rough, Dae-il. Get some rest." Ji-ho said, brushing the other's hair to the side.

Dae-il lays on the bed, warm cloth on his swollen eyes from all the tears he shed earlier. Just as Ji-ho removed his hand from his forehead, Dae-il's hand captured his. The grip was quite tense before Ji-ho interlaced his fingers with Dae-il's.

" What's wrong?" Ji-ho asked, wondering why Dae-il reacted that way.

" C-Can you stay..?" Dae-il stuttered, probably anxious with everything that happened. " I-If you're not busy... If you're busy you can go..."

" I'll stay. Don't worry, I won't go anywhere." Ji-ho replied, rubbing his thumb on Dae-il's back of the palm. He could hear Dae-il let out a relieved sigh after.

" Thanks..."

" No worries. Just go to sleep."

" Can you sing for me?"

" No, you'll laugh at my voice."

Small giggles escape Dae-il's mouth, causing Ji-ho's lips to curve slightly upwards.

" Hehehe, just humming then. That's hard to mess up."

" Fine, just cuz' you're a patient right now."

" Hehehe, thanks Ji-ho."

Somehow, he remembered the song his mom used to sing him to sleep in the past right at that moment. So, he hummed along as his mind reminisces that particular memory. As he did so, his thumb subconsciously caressed Dae-il's hand, creating a soothing gestures.

Once the song ended, only the sound of soft snores occupied the room. Using his free hand, Ji-ho removed the cloth from Dae-il's face, making sure he can sleep comfortably. Ji-ho let out a soft chuckle as he look at Dae-il's peaceful expression.

" Oh, Dae-il... If only you knew..."

Just when he was about to immerse himself in his train of thoughts, his phone chimed, notifying a message coming in. He fished out his phone from his pocket, unlocking it with his thumbprint.

Dan-ii: Is he okay?

Ji-ho: Not entirely, but he's sleeping right now.

Dan-ii: That's good to know.

Dan-ii: Our parents have been asking of his whereabouts and I've been covering for him at the moment.

Ji-ho: he's not in a condition where he can move around a lot and he need to be checked by the doctor again in a few days.

Dan-ii: I see...

Dan-ii: I'll try to hold them off longer...

Dan-ii: Can I... Can I visit him tomorrow?

Ji-ho: Sure, I'll inform you when he's awake.

Dan-ii: Thank you so much, Ji-ho!

Dan-ii: I really need to have a talk with him...

Ji-ho: Figured as much.

Ji-ho: See you tomorrow, then.

Dan-ii: Yeah. Thanks again for everything, especially for taking care of Dae-il.

Ji-ho: I'm just looking out for him as a friend.

Dan-ii: Still. Thanks, Ji-ho.

Ji-ho: No problem.

With that, Ji-ho put down his phone on the coffee table. Even if he was quite mad and hated how Dan-ii could easily forget her own twin, he's not that petty to become a wall constricting his dove from interacting with his own family. That's not what he is meant to do despite him feeling that nobody deserve to be with his sun.

His role is just to protect Dae-il from any danger.

He would do anything to prevent him from encountering danger to the best he can. He wanted to be his knight and take care of him in his own way.

Yes, he knows he had fallen for him.

He's not so dumb to see that he would spare nothing to do anything for Dae-il. He loves playing the knight just for him and he would never sing for anyone other than him. Dae-il just brought out every emotions he thought he had lost when his mom left the world. And just like that, he would do anything to keep him by his side.

Seeing a sudden smile on Dae-il's face caused amusement to seep out on his face. Ji-ho use his free hand to pat the sleeping teen's head. Dae-il snuggled closer to the warmth with a blissful sigh. Ji-ho let out a low but gentle chuckle.

Just how could he not fall in love with him?

°~Thanks for reading~°