08ᴺᵒᵗ ᵃ ˢʰᵒᵒᵗⁱⁿᵍ ˢᵗᵃʳ

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟖

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟖

"ʸᵒᵘ ᵃˡᵐᵒˢᵗ ᵏⁱˡˡᵉᵈ ᵐʸ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈ"

━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━

Leo walked out of the dropship with a bag. He looked around the camp, scanning the area. Then his eyes stayed on the gates.

"Where are you going?" Bellamy looked at Leo's back, seeing the boy with a bag.

Leo didn't look back but he stood there. "Just taking a walk. Can I not do that?" Now he turned around to look at Bellamy.

"I know you want to go after him but you can't." Bellamy kept his eyes on Leo. "I need more men to help me with the others and they listen to you more than they did with Murphy."

Leo let his hands fall off the bag strap, "I'm not going after him. As much as I would love to, I wouldn't even know where to find him." He looked around the camp, seeing everyone looking up at the sky so he did too. It looked like it was an object burning on fire at that speed.

"They're coming to help us. Now we can kick some grounder ass."

"Please tell me they brought down some shampoo."

Leo only stared up at the sky, watching the box in the sky on fire. No excitement was on his face like the others. It was just a dead stare.

"What? No smiles for the grumpy guy?" Octavia appeared beside him with a nudge. "Aren't you curious?"

Leo slightly shrugged his shoulders. "I'm sure it's probably just a shooting star." He pulled a small smile as he lifted his hands up. "And if it's not then your brother will get his own hands dirty, not mine."

"Speaking of my brother." Octavia walked in the front, making Leo follow her since they were talking. "They're heading out at first light. I wanted to go now but he thinks it's too dangerous."

Leo nodded, taking the information in. "He's right. We could get attacked at night. Possibly ambushed. Possibly killed, dead, tortured."

"You just killed the excitement out of me." Octavia stared at the straight expression on his face while hers was let down.

Leo went to walk off near the camp's defense walls. He snuck out the doors and by the walls. Kneeling down by the wall defense, Leo froze when he heard a branch break not too far behind him.

"Are you going after Murphy?" A feminine voice spoke.

Leo stood up and turned around to see one of the delinquents. "No." He went to walk back into the camp with the girl following him.

"If you change your mind, I want to help." She told him.

Leo turned around to face her, "Harper, if you want to help around here, talk to Monty."