𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

Start from the beginning

I finally reached the Hughes home and knocked on the door.

A smiley Jack opened the door for me. He had sunscreen all over his face, holding a popsicle stick with his left hand as he held the door with his right.

"Hey Elo," he greeted me as he motioned for me to come inside.

"Hi Jack how you doing?" I asked as I walked in and looked a round a little bit.

"Not too bad," he said closing the door. "Here let's go to the kitchen and get a snack." He suggested as we walked towards the kitchen.

"Mom," Jack started gaining his mothers attention. "This is Eloise or Elo, Elo this is my mom." He introduced me to this beautiful woman, tan skin, blonde hair, and just about two inches shorter than me.

"Hi Mrs. Hughes how are you, its so great to meet you." I smiled at the woman.

"Hi Eloise! It's so good to meet you and see who Jack has been hanging out with so much for the past couple month." She smiled at me and then looked over at her son.

"It's awesome to meet you too Mrs. Hughes but I just want to say I don't know how you do it, how do you put up with this thing every day, let alone the last sixteen years." I looked her way in admiration.

Jack opened the freezer and pulled out some of his favorite vanilla ice cream.

As she started to laugh we looked towards Jack who was eating his ice cream as if there were no tomorrow. We watched as his face changed, pure terror flashed through his eyes, Jack was about to choke.

"Um- sorry, sorry I choked on my ice cream," Jack coughed bring up his right hand to cover his mouth.

"I don't know how I deal with him either, it's honestly too difficult," Ellen laughed, as she walked over to Jack and wiped the melted ice cream running down his face with a napkin.

"Hey! Why am I getting bullied?!" Jack wined. He crossed his arms and pouted acting like he was three years old.

"Because it's too easy," I opened the kitchen cabinet where he got his spoon from, quickly pulled out a spoon from the drawer, and scooped up some of Jack' ice cream.

His eyes went wide and he looked towards me, "You did not just take some of my precious ice cream?!" A goofy grin plastered through his features, as he grabbed the ice cream container and held on to it for dear life.

"Oh, come on Jack you came over to my house yesterday and ate all the goldfish" I rolled my eyes as I reached for the ice cream contained in his hands.

"Well to be fair the goldfish I ate were from the school cafeteria." He looked down at me with his matter of fact face.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes and grabbed the ice cream out of his hands. "Ah at last the ice cream awaits." I snatched the spoon out of his hand and dipped it in the ice cream.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Ellen giving us a smile.Jack and his mom shared I look that I couldn't quite crack the meaning of.

"Hey Ellen, have you seen my-" A man came up from the basement. The glasses on his face all crocked, pen behind his ear and a stack of random paper craps in his hands. "Oh, hello I didn't know we had company." The man who I recognized as Jacks father greeted me.