He nods. I follow him to the front entrance, locking the door behind him. I stalk through the salon, heading for the other exit. Daryl and company left the door ajar. I walk through, closing it quietly behind me. Glenn and Maggie are sitting at the table, holding each other's hand, while the archer has his arm crossed, back leaning against the kitchen counter.

I groan, "if I'm reading the room correctly, you're about to tell me someone's dog died, or Maggie is pregnant." I watch as Maggie's face lights up, grinning from ear to ear. "What?! Oh my god!" I rush over, dragging her into an embrace. "Congrats! If anyone deserves it, you guys do!"

"We were waiting to tell you ourselves, just wanted things to settle down." Glenn smiles. "We were wondering if anything happens to us, if you'd be the god mother."

"Yes, of course! That's not even a question. Things don't seem to settle down for long, if ever." I shrug. I spot Daryl, frowning. I clear my throat, realizing it was just a few days ago that he learned I can't carry a child. "I'm happy for you guys! But I hate to break this up. I'm going to tear down the salon. Kelly, Charlee and Jordan are due to be here any minute."

"Do you need any help? I wouldn't mind lending you an extra hand." Glenn offers.

"No, go spend time with your beautiful wife." I give them one last hug before heading back to work.

"Ness, what's wrong?" Kelly questions

"Ness, what's wrong?" Kelly questions. "You're working a lot harder than you have to be, and you look like someone broke your favorite toy." We've been working hard on taking apart the salon for the last two hours. Sweat has broken out across my skin. At some point I had pulled my hair back into a half assed bun. Fly aways fall into my face. I inwardly groan, I should've asked Jesse to fix the hack job I did back at the prison. Shoulda. Coulda. Woulda.

I sigh, eyeing wearily him as he comes to a stop in front of me. "I told Daryl about what Owen did a few nights ago. Today Maggie told us she's pregnant. He looked so upset." I rub my face, frustrated. "I don't know if it's because..." I trail off, unsure where I was going with that thought.

"I know that look." Charlee stalks over, resting her hand against her hip. "You had that look any time Kelly would come around while you two were at odds. Don't do that to Daryl." She frowns. "You don't know what he's upset about. Or if he even is. That man looks like he's upset or angry ninety percent of the time. He's got a nasty case of resting bitch face." I bite back a smile upon noticing her face twist up at that thought. "This is that trauma talking. Don't let Owen win. You deserve this happiness."

"Do what?" I quietly question, hanging my head.

"Don't play dumb. You're smarter than that. You're toying with the idea of avoiding him, aren't you?"