"When are you leaving anyways?" I asked her.

"Alex I just got here, you wanna get rid of me already?" she joked and I shook my head, "I booked my flight back for 2 weeks from now, but if you guys don't mind maybe i'll stay a bit longer."

Matt cut in this time, sheesh it wasn't like this when it was just the 2 of us at each others houses, "oh we've just got a bunch of our luggage in the last empty bunk, Rachel. We can empty it now for you."

"No need, Matty. I think she'll be staying with me, right?" I looked at her and gave her puppy dog eyes.

"Hmmm, I guess so if theres really no other option..." she tried to keep a straight face as she said it, but ended up smiling when I grabbed her in for a kiss.

——————

*the next day*

Well I slept splendidly. And you wanna know why I slept so damn well? Maybe cause I had my beautiful girlfriend of 7 months (already!!) with me.

This was a morning selfie moment. Rachel was lying peacefully on my chest with an arm wrapped around my waist, with the cutest little smile as she slowly breathed in and out. We fell asleep in the exact same position so neither of us had moved during the night. I grabbed my phone and turned the front camera on, taking what Rachel would probably call a 'cute couple picture' of us.

After taking the picture and setting it as my wallpaper, I went to lock my phone again, only for it to slip out of my hands. Unfortunately for me, I killed the moment as it fell onto my chest, hitting Rachel's head right after. God damn it...

I heard a small moan from Rachel and realized I probably woke her up. A second later her head turned to mine and her sleepy eyes looked at me.

"What happened?" she asked with a deep voice.

"Sorry babe I dropped my phone and it hit you. You can go back to sleep." I whispered in response.

"Nah thats okay. I like my view right now" she said giving me a kiss on the cheek and snuggling up to me again.

We talked to each other about whatever we hadn't covered in our texts or calls to each other, when the curtain of my bunk moved quite a bit, followed by a small voice saying "shit."

I pushed it open so Rachel and I could see what was going on. Rian stood there in the hallway balancing on one leg with his jeans half on.

"Sorry guys, I lost balance and had to catch myself. Did I wake you up?" he said.

"Yeah you asshole!" I said to Rian, but then laughed it off, "kidding, we were awake already."

"Where are you off to so early in the morning Rian?" Rachel asked him as he put on a jacket and grabbed his extra key to the tour bus.

"Just going out for some early breakfast. Dont wait up for me, mom and dad!" Rian joked as he walked away from the bunks with a smile on his face and a second later we heard the door open and close.

"He's going on a date with Cassadee. It's so adorable, its gross!" I said with a grin on my face.

"Who's Cassadee?" Rachel asked me.

"Oh right, you haven't met her yet! She's the singer from Hey Monday. They were talking after their set last night and he asked her out!" I explained to Rachel.

"Well what are you waiting for Gaskarth?" Rachel practically jumped out of the bunk and started taking off her pajamas.

"Rach. You know we cant have sex with all the guys still here and sleeping!" I whisper yelled to her, although I wouldn't exactly turn it down right now.

She started putting on one of my sweatshirts and a pair of her leggings, "no! I mean let's go out for breakfast and maybe we'll run into them! My treat?"

I sat up and kissed her on the forehead, "hey I'm not gonna turn down bacon and eggs with my girlfriend. Let's go, I think I know which place they'll be at."

——————

Rachel's POV

"Oh is that them?" I asked as I held onto Alex's arm when we walked to our table at the small breakfast restaurant. I saw what looked like the back of Rian's head and a girl across from him, and since i didn't know what Cassadee looked like, I thought it might have been her.

"Nope, thats not them either" Alex replied. "Maybe they didn't come here..."

We were led to a table on the patio of the restaurant that was heated, because Denver in November was pretty cold.

We ordered our breakfast and I saw Alex look at the shops across the street when his eyes went wide and he covered his mouth with his hand. "There they are!"

"Where?!" I asked anxious to see them.

Alex pointed in the direction and all I saw was Rian and this gorgeous girl laughing and smiling like fools while eating their food.

"Aw they're in love and gonna get married" Alex said to me.

"Alex, its their first date. You don't know that yet!" I laughed and poked him in the arm.

"You never know, babe," he looked at me and played with the piece of bacon on his fork, "first dates turn into second dates, which turn into third dates, then fourth dates, then-"

"I get it Alex. First dates can lead to much more."

"Yes, just like how its happened to you and me" Alex said and I blushed. We've come quite far already.

Alex stood up and leaned over the table to give me a kiss on my cheek, I felt a few of the other customers eyes on us as he did so, "love you."

"I love you too Alex."

——————

Alex's POV

I grabbed my guitar from Danny's hand and slipped it over my body. Hey Monday just finished their set and we were on in 10 minutes.

I decided to practice some of the songs while I was still unplugged, so I headed over to the dressing room where I thought would be most quiet. Apparently I was wrong. And apparently, Jack and Rachel were on the verge of being drunk.

I strummed along on my guitar, grinning at the sight in front of me. Jack, Rachel, and Rian were playing flip-cup while Zack "kept score" but looking more interested in the Rolling Stone magazine on his lap.

I grabbed Rachel's shoulders "Hey cutie, might wanna go easy on the drinks there"

She turned around and I laughed when I saw her eye twitch, "Alex!! So glad you're here! When did you get here! Am I yelling?!"

"Yes babe, you are" I hugged her, hoping she wouldn't puke on me while doing so, "Zack, Jack, Rian! We're up!"

They all gathered together outside of the dressing room, Jack almost falling over, but he'll be able to play guitar...maybe not so good, but he'll still play.

"Rach, you're drunk. I'm gonna tell Cassadee to watch over you while we're on stage."

"Ohhh you mean Rian's girlfriend!" She yelled loud enough and Rian heard.

"Not just yet, Rach!" He poked his head back in and gave us a wink.

I left Rachel in the dressing room and grabbed Cassadee and told her all about my little drunken mess. Thankfully she agreed to watch over Rachel and once I got a 'good luck kiss' from her, me and the guys hit the stage.