Particular 2 (one shot)

Start from the beginning

Until, one child's power went out of control. He made the whole facility explode except the underground where I was kept was spared. The electronic door of my room had opened as a big shock was heard. 

I didn't see anyone alive. 

Everyone was laying on the floor, their heart had stopped beating. When I heard the siren, I ran away. I was scared that if I was caught, I would be experimented on again.

It was cold that night.

My first time seeing the outside world after 16 years. Euphoria filling me, I ran and ran. Until my legs gave up on me and I realized that I didn't know anything. 

We had a strong education at the facility. We knew every subject taught in school, how to write and how to read. We were all taught harshly, beatings awaiting us if we didn't get good grades on exams. 

However, I had no identity paper. 

Everything had burnt in the facility explosion. Moreover, I wasn't used to the polluted air of the outside world. Thus, I fainted. In front of Jin's shop. That's when he found me.

Jin had been my life savior. I didn't talk to him at first, but he fed me. Homemade meals. He taught me the meaning of flowers. He made me a person and gave a name. A real name. He also told me feelings. We watched a lot of movies and I got used to living normally again. 

However, I hadn't forgotten anything. 

The explosion at the facility was considered as an accident and no bodies were apparently found. 

On the other hand, I went to a park and buried a small hole, with a paper inside and all the numbers...

All the numbers of the children who had died not only in the explosion, but also through the year. I remembered each of them. It went up to 3089. The police had closed the case and I decided to not witness on anything. 

Laying low would be better.

"You've been lost in your thoughts flower." Jin gently squeezes my shoulder "Anything wrong?"

I shook my head frantically and smiled.

"I'm fine Jinnie. I'm just really excited about our movie night." I said tucking my hair behind my ear

"I see, but first I need those daisies." He laughs

I nod and we take the flowers to the front of the shop. I frown as I see customers that look quite peculiar. They are both dressed in black and it's quite easy to tell that they aren't here to buy flowers. 

I'm not making any link to the facility, because I'm aware that most scientists died that night. There were living quarters and most doctors and nurses lived there. All of that was burnt to crisps.

"Eli, can you go and get me the Irises?" Jin asks

I glanced at him and see his blank expression.

"No problem." I say

In fact, Jin just said a code. Sometimes when someone comes to the shop, he tells me to go and get irises. This is my signal to not come back to the front of the shop until he comes to get me. It happened once before, when some weird man tried to take me somewhere. Jin later explained me what the meaning of assault was and thinking back, I'm really embarrassed about it.

The facility taught us to really not be private about our body. The showers and changing room were all common between boys and girls. When I first got naked in front of Jin, I had never seen someone get this red. I was now fully comprehensive of the private side of things, like you could only show your body to your loved ones. I really liked Jin though, but apparently that wasn't enough. I walk to the backroom and sigh as I walk to the small kitchen.