Team 9

The next morning the classroom was noisier than usual as the students filed in to their seats.

"Hey Shikamaru, who do you think will be on our team?" Choji asked through a mouthful of chips.

"What a troublesome question. It's pretty obvious that it will be the classic Ino-Shika-Cho team." He replied while putting his head onto the desk to take a nap.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about that."

Everyone was busy talking to themselves so they didn't immediately notice the presence of Naruto walking in with a headband proudly worn around his head.

"Hey dobe, what do you think you're doing here. Only genin are allowed." Sasuke said with a cocky smirk.

"Teme! Are you blind? I have a headband right here. I passed the exam later in the day." He angrily replied, pointing at his forehead.

Deciding to ignore the pointless arguing, Konami made her way to her seat and struck up a conversation with her friend. Eventually the peace was disturbed yet again by two girls who got stuck in the doorway insisting that they were first and they would be on Sasuke's team.

Thankfully Iruka, covered in bandages like a mummy, waddled to the front of the class, restoring peace and quiet.

"Iruka-sensei what happened to you?" One student asked.

"There was an... incident after school, but you don't have to worry. The situation was resolved and I will be fine. Alright, today you are all genin and will receive your 3-man squads led by a jonin sensei."

"Hmph. A team will only hold me back." Sasuke arrogantly said loud enough for the entire class to hear him. This caused him to be met with glares from half the class and praise from the other.

After an eternity of hearing about the importance of shinobi teams and history, Iruka finally pulled out a paper and began to announce the teams.

"Due to the even number students this year, there will be two teams with only two genin on them. Ok, when you hear your squad, go find a spot to sit with them. Ready? Then let's begin."

Most of the non-clan kids were put together on the first few squads. They were always mean to Naruto, so neither Uzumaki paid any attention to these assignments.

"Team 7! Uchiha Sasuke and Haruno Sakura. You are the first two person cell."

"Cha! Take that, Ino-pig!"

"Nooooooo, it can't be!"

"Hn. At least I only have one deadweight to hold me back."

Other exclamations were heard before Iruka forced everyone to settle down.

"Team 8 is the other two genin cell. Aburame Shino and Inuzuka Kiba. Okay, last team, 9! Uzumaki Naruto, Uzumaki Konami and Hyuuga Hinata. Go find your teams everyone!"

"W-we're on a team together!" Hinata whisper yelled in excitement to her deskmate.

"Yeah! This is great, ya know! Naruto come sit with us." Konami called out to Naruto who was busy celebrating on top of his desk, much to Sasuke's annoyance.

"Everyone wait here for your new sensei's to arrive. You've done well to get to this point and I wish you luck in your shinobi careers from hereon out." Iruka said with a smile.

Eventually and a purple haired kunoichi with two one handed swords on her waist stuck her head into the room. "Team 9, let's head outside."

"That must be our sensei. I bet she'll teach us swords, that'll be so cool!" Naruto said excitedly as the three new genin followed their sensei out to a training field.