one.

Essence Neveah Stewart | Ess
Chicago , Illinois

Essence Neveah Stewart | EssChicago , Illinois

3:47 Am

I had been woken up by blows being thrown at my body. Rahsaad was hitting me because he had went through my phone and seen messages between me & my coworker Elijah.

We hadn't been talking about anything really just work related things because I know how he can get. He must've been mad about Eli asking me if i wanted him to bring anything from the cafeteria to which i declined.

" you dumb dirty bitch , i should kill you " Rahsaad spat. " you think i'm dumb ? " he asked as he punched me in my face.

i put my hands up in defense " i don't know what you talking about rahsaad stop hitting me " i cried hoping my daughter wasn't hearing us in the next room.

he had stopped hitting me and picked me up by my throat and was dangling me in the air.

" you out here fucking niggas at work while i'm sitting here watching Taliyah " he said while choking me.

" i'm not , put me down " i managed to say and he threw me to the ground.

I started coughing and holding my neck when he kicked me in my stomach.

" i'm sick of yo hoe ass , i'm gone " he said & grabbed his stuff & left.

I laid there crying wondering how he turned into the boy he is today. He had me stored away from my family and barely let me have friends. I'm lucky to have Dialani for a bestfriend.

I met her at work. She was coming to give Eli some stuff he left at home. Before leaving she ended up bumping into me, we said our sorries. Eli ended up walking up to us & introducing us. Ever since then we've been besties.

The only reason I stayed so long was because of Taliyah. I found out I was pregnant with her 3 years ago. I was about to leave but I had been feeling uneasy for a few weeks and took a pregnancy test.. i cried after i seen it was positive.

My bedroom door creaked open knocked me out my thoughts & I seen it was my daughter. I hurried and sat up.

" Hi baby , what are you doing up ? " I asked.

" I heard you and daddy yelling " she said rubbing her eyes with " Where is he? " as a following question

I looked at her wanting to cry. She loved her dad so
much. He never treated me wrong in her presence. He said he wanted to show her how she should be treated.

I reached my arms out signaling for her to come here. She came into my arms and I held her. I hated lying to her but I wanted her to always love her dad & not have hatred for him.

" daddy went to go pick up something for mommy , he'll be back soon " I lied. I didn't even know if he was coming back.

" How about we go see Tt lani ? " I asked. She smiled and nodded her head. " sit on the bed and wait for mommy " I said and she listened.