Blanket

"Can I kiss you?" He was nervous. It's not like I was gonna say no, but I understood the nerves. We're still figuring out our relationship.

I instantly blushed. I mean, I was warm from the blanket, and Kit's body heat, but that just made me blush. And the way he asked it. So breathy.

"Mmhm," I hummed, and nodded, simultaneously lifting my head from his shoulder and readjusting myself to be in a better position to kiss him. He still had his arm around me, and he leaned in slowly. I closed my eyes while his lips met mine. As we kissed he brought his hand up to my face, bringing us both deeper into the kiss. My left hand brushed through his hair. It was so soft. I couldn't help but smile a little. I was making out with Kit! He felt the smile and pulled away a little.

"What?" He asked with a smile.

"I'm just really happy," I said meaningfully. "You make me really happy."

"That is the sweetest thing ever," Kit said, and kissed me again. "You make me really happy too." We kept making out, I turned a little bit to be closer to him, and the blanket fell off my shoulders onto the ground. I thought about picking it back up, but I didn't need it. And in that instant, I decided to swing my leg over his lap and straddle him while we kissed. I heard an audible "mm" from Kit. My heart started beating faster. We kept making out and it just got more passionate, I mean I loved it, and I didn't want it to stop, but I didn't want it to go further than this right now.

I pulled back and hugged him, and then twisted myself so that my legs were on his lap and I was looking up at him. He set his arm across my legs.

"I really liked that," Kit said, with an adoring look on his face.

"Me too," I said, all sweet and gushy. I looked away for a second. "I just want to tell you that I don't think I'm ready for anything serious yet."

Kit's expression didn't change. "Oh that's fine! I don't know if I am either. And I promised that we'd go slow right?"

I remembered what he said at the bar.

"It's okay. It'll be okay. We'll take it slow. I promise."

It really meant a lot that he wanted to keep that promise. He wasn't just saying it to make me happy.

We spent a little more time talking, then at 5:00 I got ready to leave.

"Do you want me to walk you back?" Kit offered.

"No that's alright, it's still light out so I'm not worried about it."

"Okay! Let's text about when we want to hang out again soon," Kit suggested.

"Yes! I'm hoping that will be soon." We both smiled. "Today was really great."

"It was!" He pulled me in to hug me. "Okay, you better leave before it starts getting dark."

"Okay, okay!" I laughed. "Bye Kit," I held onto his forearms while he gripped my elbows, and I reached up and pecked him.

"Bye Zoey. I'll see you soon!"

"See you soon!"

I kept smiling while I was walking back thinking about that makeout with Kit. It was so special, so passionate, so amazing.

AND all the time we spent making music.

I cant believe Kit is in my life.