"Leave you?" He questioned.

"You know what I mean..." She says back, casting her eyes down at his robes.

He gazes at her for a while, waiting for her to say something in the silence.

Why does she care so much? How did she come to care for me like this?

Sukuna knew her feelings for him were only increasing, and his for her. This war was approaching fast, and if either one of them died, it would be the end of their feelings.

(Y/n) places her hands on his shoulders and leans down to him.

"Sukuna...promise me you won't die." She whispers.

He watches her lips, desperate to touch them, but before he could reply, her lips press against his cheek.

He drops his head in guilt, not wanting to except her feelings, but desperately craving her touch.

"I promise." He whispers.

She smiles, before bowing her head and leaving the large room; Leaving him to bask in his thoughts about her and the war.

•••
~ Present day ~

(Y/n) was strapped in a chair; her eyes rolling in the back of her head. Her face was covered in dry blood and her tears of pain stained her lashes.

"Please, Akio stop! I-I can't take anymore" (y/n) screams, as Akio had his nails sunken into the sides of her temples.

"Not yet! I still need to find them memory of your heart." He yells back, tapping into her deepest memories.
"I know you know! You were there when I hid it!" He yells with frustration. He closes his eyes, preparing himself for the coming memories he's about to see.

Her eyes vibrate at immense speed and her head felt like it was about to explode. She felt so much pain from the pressure as his nails sunk deeper and deeper into her skin.

Her eyes went white as another vivid memory takes control of both their sights.

~ The Past ~
•••

The war raged across the lands of Japan. Curses and sorcerers covering every corner of the island. The summer heat blistering those who dared stayed too long in the sun and the freezing nights, chilling those who did not take shelter.

Sukuna lavished among the bodies that surrounded him in the fire-lit night, making him feral to the adrenaline and (y/n)'s power that coursed through his body.

He bellowed such a psychotic laugh, scaring even (y/n) and Seiichi who watched him from afar.

"Seiichi! He's reaching his limit! I have to stop him." She pushes past the fox, but with his reflex he takes her wrist, holding her back.

"You can't! (Y/n)! Sukuna strictly told me to keep you away from him." He struggled so hard to hold her back, but she was desperate. She looked back at Seiichi, her eyes filled with tears.

The battles were constant. Every day a new enemy shows up, destroying whatever curses they threw at them. Her own body was covered in bruises and grit, carried with huge amounts of emotions that could break her down at any moment.

"I-I have to! He'll die if we don't stop him now!" She yells back.

She looks down the mountain where Sukuna fought back the sorcerers. Killing the weakest and dodging those from the North.