Chapter Two: Unforgivable Curses

Start from the beginning

He turned around, leaving Ron standing. Y/N's interest as instantly piqued, sitting straight up on his seat to see what the professor was going to do. Hermione on the other hand was just as nervous as she was the minute the topic of the curses were announced.

The two opposites watched as Moody dug his hand into a jar, picking up a small spider that squirmed in his hand.

"Engorgio." Moody casted at it, changing the size of the spider to be as large as his hand.

"Imperio!" He casted with a growl.

Instantly, he wove his wand, making the spider float from a student's desk and onto Crabbe's face, scaring the student a lot. The students giggled at the sight of it but Hermione's expression remained nervous.

"Don't worry. It's completely harmless." Moody reassured the class.

The spider then flew onto one of the Patil twins, making her shake in fear of the spider. Y/N chuckled as it began to climb up her arm when the Professor made the spider go on Ron's head making him whimper.

"When she bites... she's lethal." Moody laughed before dropping the spider right on Ron's face.

"What are you laughing at?" The Professor turned to face Draco.

Draco, who had been laughing exceptionally hard, was suddenly shaken by fear when the spider landed on his face.

"Get it off!" Draco yelled, shaking.

Y/N laughed even harder at the sight of his brother when he felt Hermione's hand tremble slightly. Y/N's head instantly turned to his best friend, afraid that she would be crying. He sighed in relief upon seeing a small smile on her face, giggling at Draco's yelps for help. Y/N's pale blue eyes softened at the sight, his big grin replaced by a the most gentle smile that replicated that of a prince that had come straight out of a fairy tale.

"Talented isn't she?!" Moody laughed hard at the sight of his student's fear.

"What should I have her do next? Jump out the window?" He waved his wand, sending the spider straight at the closed window.

The class went silent.

"Drown herself?" He forced the spider to hover over a bucket full of water.

The class didn't respond. Their eyes were locked onto the spider who now floated over to Moody's hand.

"Scores of witches and wizards have claimed... that they only did You-Know-Who's bidding... under the influence of the Imperius Curse." Moody's tone had completely switched to a serious one.

Y/N was instantly reminded of his father that claimed the exact thing Moody had explained.

"But here's the rub: How do we sort out the liars?"

Y/N took a glance at his twin brother, seeing the same conflicted expression on his face that replicated Y/N's exactly.

"Another, another." Moody switched the subject.

Many hands shot right up. Hermione squirmed in her seat, now holding Y/N's hand with both hands.

"Up, up. Come on. Longbottom, is it? Up." He pointed towards Neville.

Neville stood up slowly, his face seemingly just as conflicted as Y/N's was when he thought about his father. 

"Professor Sprout tells me you have an aptitude for herbology."

"You alright, Granger?" Y/N whispered into her ear, making her shiver slightly.

Hermione's gaze fell towards her hands that held Y/N's tightly, her face turning into a soft shade of pink as she let go with one hand yet the other remained on his. She gulped before looking him in the eyes. Y/N used his free hand to tuck away a loose strand of her hair before she nodded at him.