chapter 12: now that's funny

Time lapse: 1 month

Merlins POV: I've been watching y/n work herself till exhaustion almost everyday since the incident. She doesn't do anything but train, she's tried to get me to help her with her training but I've refused, I don't wanna help her overwork herself. God shes so stupid, this isnt healthy at all. She needs a break.

"Hey Arthur!" I called out from inside the house.

"What is Merlin?" Arthur responds, he's in the middle of training y/n.

"I need to talk to you, get in here" I say before turning around and closing the door. Arthur rolls his eyes but comes inside after me. He sits down at the kitchen table and I do the same.

"y/n needs a break, she's been going crazy with all the training!" I tell Arthur with concern. Arthur sighs,

"Well that's obvious, I think she just worried if she can't fight she'd have to go back to a normal job. But this is just too much, she's exhausted but she won't listen to me or any of the others". Arthur sounded defeated. There was some awkward silence, but then Jack came from his room squealing.

"Did you guys hear about the festival happening in the next town over?"

"No and I don't care-" I begin to say when Arthur nudges me.

"This is perfect!! We'll all go so she'll have to take a break!" he exclaims. My eyes widened.

"Yes!! You're a genius!" We high five, then I go out to break the news to y/n. As I leave I see her pushing a fake person, the triplets made out of bags of rice.

"Hey y/n" I say in a sarcastically sweet way. She turns to me panting.

"What do you want, Merlin? I'm kinda busy here" she motions to the fake person. Damn she seems annoyed.

"Well I just thought I'd let you know that all of us are going to a festival in the next town over." I say.

"No thanks i'm good" y/n says before continuing with what she was doing. I roll my eyes, why is she like this? She's acting so weirdly.

"That wasn't a question y/n, we're all going including you. Get your bags packed, we'll be staying in a hotel overnight ''I turn and leave before she can say anything, I don't have time for her stubbornness. I guess that didn't change about her.

*time skip*

After many arguments, we were finally able to get y/n on board with going to the festival. I just wanna see her smile again. This new her is just..I don't know.

"Everyone ready?" Arthur calls out.

"Ready!" We yelled back and were off on our horse drawn carriage that the triplets made. y/n is sitting across from me, she's been staring out the window the whole time. I decided to take a nap before we got there.

*time skip....again*

"Were here everyone!!" Arthur yells to us from the outside and I wake up. We get off and go to the hotel. We greet the receptionist and ask for three rooms with 2 beds each.

"Sorry guys, we only have two rooms with 2 beds, there's one more but it only has one." The receptionats inform us. We all look at eachother.

"The triplets will have one room, me, Arthur and Hans will have the other one and merlin and y/n will get the one with one bed" Jack gives me a wink and I give him a death glare, y/n does the same thing.

"Sounds good!" the receptionist says before giving Jack the keys. We walk to our rooms and Jack gives us our key.

"Don't have too much fun you two" Jack says before running off.

"God he's so annoying" I say under my breath.

"Don't be rude" y/n says opening the door.

"You're on his side?" I asked her.

"No" she responds while walking in. what the heck. We look around and yup, just one bed. I run my hand through my hair and sigh.

"I'll sleep on the floor" I tell y/n unpacking. She looks at me confused.

"Dont be stupid, sleep on the bed" she says.

"But you'll be sleeping there" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Well just sleep far away from each other" she puts her hands on her hips.

"I don't wanna sleep on the same bed as you" I say, y/n looks taken aback,

"Geez didn't know it was THAT big of a deal" she starts to leave. I realized what I said and I stopped her by putting my hands on her shoulders.

"Wait y/n I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that, let's just share the bed." I look at her eyes, we make eye contact before she quickly breaks it.

"Alright just don't touch me, got it?" she says pointing her finger at me, I take my hands off her shoulder and laugh.

"That will be easy, you know I'm surprised." I tell her,

"Why's that?" she asks, tilting her head a bit.

"I didn't know you wanted to sleep with me SO bad" I say with a smirk. I look at her and her face instantly gets all red, she raises her brows and looks at me.

"You- that's not-" y/n says all flustered, I burst out laughing. I start to tear up from how hard I'm laughing.

"You should've seen your face!! It was hilarious, ''I said between laughs. I wiped my tears and looked at her, she started to walk over to me.

"You dick!" she yells before punching me right in the gut. FUCK. I bend over and grab my stomach in pain. Geez she punches hard. While bent over I hear y/n laughing.

"Now THAT'S funny" she says laughing. She walks over to me and helps me up.

"Cmon, let's join the others to get some food." she says

"Alright" I responded and we walked out of our room.

Author note: IM BACK, I'll try to be more consistent with uploads, I'm sorry for the wait and I appreciate your patience. I'm not gonna give you anymore excuses cause I've said enough.