chapter: 5 why so soon?

I spent almost the whole night getting myself ready for training. But after a while I become extremely exhausted so I head inside and sleep. In the morning Jack comes in to wake me up.

"y/n!! Breakfast is ready" he yells before closing the door. I reluctantly wake up and stretch, everything hurts from last night. I get ready for the day and head to the dining room.

"Morning sleeping beauty!" Arthur says jokingly while sipping his drink. I roll my eyes and sit down.

"Wow this smells amazing Hans" I almost drooled looking at my food, there were eggs with bacon and hashbrowns.

"Thank you y/n" he says sitting down to eat. I start to eat when I realize something is missing. Some irritating self-centered narcissist to be exact.

"Its quiet, wheres Merlin" I ask arthur,

"Probably picking vegetables from the garden" Arthur responds, continuing to eat.

"I'll go get him I guess, he's gonna be annoying if his food is cold" I say and Arthur just nods in response. I don't really know why I offered to get him but here we are. I walk around for a while looking for Merlin and then I notice him, back turned towards me. Should I shove him? It would be pretty funny, no. Instead I scare him, I quietly walk up and yell.

"BOO!!" in response he jumps up and screams. He turns and sees it's me, I burst out laughing.

"You should've seen your face! And how HIGH you jumped" He looks so pissed, he grabs the basket and hits my shoulder while walking away. What was that about? I was just playing around. So I chased after him.

"Why so mad? It was only a joke" I ask, Merlin continues to ignore me. I walk infront blocking his path.

"Did ya wake up on the wrong side of the bed or something? C'mon you're being weird" he looks at me and sighs.

"I'm just tired, okay? Now can you move?" I do as he says, kinda disappointed with that interaction but I shake it off and go inside to eat.

*time skip*

I finish eating with Merlin, continuing to be in a bad mood. Arthur takes me outside and we start to train. We practiced some basics for a few hours. With a few breaks in between but before I know it it's dark and we stop.

"Good job y/n you did great I'll see you tomorrow" I nod and change my clothes. I sit at the table in my room reading a book when I hear the door open.

"Have you heard of knocking?" It's Merlin, I turn back to my book.

"I'm sorry, listen, about earlier, I was just in a weird mood. How bout I make it up to you" this caught me off guard, why would Merlin wanna make it up to me. Nonetheless I play along.

"What are u sick or something? Nevermind I'm listening" I get up and face him,

He ignores me and says "Okay, close your eyes,"

"What? No I don't trust you" he rolls his eyes and walks towards me,

"Cmon just do it, I promise it's not bad" he puts his hands on my shoulders.

"Fine but I swear if you-"

"Alright then let's go close those eyes" he interrupts me and starts to push me out the door. I close my eyes and let him lead me outside.

"Are u gonna lead me outside somewhere and leave me in the woods" He lets go and I stand here confused.

"Okay open them" Merlin tells me and I do so. When I open my eyes I see a horse and get confused.

"Are we gonna ride the horse?"

Merlin just nods.

"Wait really?!!" I get excited and Merlin jumps on,

"Hop on" he says and I quickly try to get on the horse, I start to struggle so he helps me up. The horse starts to run and I get a bit scared. I hesitantly wrap my arms around him and rest my head on his back. I watch as we quickly run through the forest, it's such a thrill. After a few minutes I let go and threw my hands up.

"WOOOHOOOO!!" I scream taking in the swift wind and enjoying the ride. Merlin laughs and takes me to the cliff from earlier and he jumps off the horse. He helps me down and we sit, letting our legs dangle over the edge.

Merlins POV:

"So how was that?" I look at her, she's still smiling.

"That was amazing, I've never felt so free!!" she answers excitedly. I just smile and chuckle,

"So.. I guess you did make up for this morning" y/n says looking at me,

"Well I guess I'm happy to hear" I responded, wait why am I happy to hear?

"This is such a beautiful view, isn't it?" she asks me while looking in front of us.

"Yea it really is" I answer but i'm not looking in front, im looking at her. Wait what the hell is wrong with me, why am I acting like this? I quickly jump up and walk towards the horse.

"Cmon lets go" I tell y/n,

"Hey why so soon?" she asks me and I look away.

"Let's just go, I'm tired" I respond and I see she's disappointed but does so anyway. She gets on and we gallop home. This time she just sits there with no excitement, no nothing. Why do I feel kinda awkward, when am I ever awkward, tf? We make it back to the house and she gets off the horse.

"Thanks for doing this" I see how sad she is and start to feel bad. Please don't be sad, I'm being nice to you for once.

"Dont worry about it" I watch as she walks back in the house and Arthur walks out. I put the horse into the stable and I walked up to Arthur.

"It'll be 3 days since she's come here tomorrow. You know what that means"

"Merlin, come on, we all enjoy her company. Besides, I just started training her, I need more time to work with her" he tells me.

"Arthur we have done more than enough" I furrow my brows.

"You are not the only one who lives here and I know that the rest of them want her to stay. Besides you guys seem to spend a lot of time together, you're telling me you don't like her?" Arthur questions me and I shake my head and scoff.

"Are you kidding? Do I like her? Please" I turn away,

"You just went on a horse ride. Together. Alooone."

I don't say anything.

"Well whether you like it or not, she's staying here. Goodnight Merlin" Arthur finishes and walks away. Why does he want y/n to stay so bad? Does he like her- WAIT no it can't be....he can't actually like her. Whatever, I don't care. I go inside the house and head to bed to try and forget about all this.