chapter: 4 here we go again

y/n POV:

After me and Merlin realize that we've been caught he grabs my arm and we start to run. I'm starting to have flashbacks to the first time I was being chased. We see the exit of the market but 3 guards quickly block it so we go into an alleyway. We're cornered but we have a few moments before the guards notice where we are.

"Quickly I'll boost you up" Merlin got on his knees and cupped his hands on top.

"Once you're up there pull me up" he continues and I do as I'm told. Merlin quickly boosts me up and once I'm up here I see the guards notice us. I put my arm down for Merlin to grab.

"Merlin, hurry!" I call out and he quickly grabs my arm and I pull him up struggling a bit. I fall on my back and he falls beside me. Both of us are panting trying to catch our breath.

"You are stronger than you look" Merlin tells me,

"Thanks?" I respond

"Dont worry its a compliment" he laughs,

"Alright then" I sit up and look down, the guards are gone. Thank god, but we can't celebrate for long since they started to climb up the building as well. I grab Merlin's arm and we run.

"We have to get down and into the forest" I say while we run jumping from building to building when we notice a ladder. Well that's convenient. Both of us quickly go down the ladder and run into the building. The guards are starting to catch up.

"These guys really don't give up huh?" I am worried.

"Uh oh '' I heard Merlin say while looking in front.

"What do you mean 'uh oh'?" I became even more worried.

"They're gonna corner us at the cliff",

"WHAT!" I scream as we get closer and closer towards the cliff. Merlin and I make it to the end of the cliff and turn around to face the guards.

"You have nowhere to go, thief! Surrender!" the guard yells at us.

"Oh God what now?" I look at merlin. He looks at me and points his head at the cliff which is over top of water.

"No way! I am not jumping!" I refuse,

"You don't have a choice" Merlin quickly picks me up in bridal style and jumps off the cliff.

'I HATE YOU!!" I yell but I hold on to him tighter and tighter the longer we are falling. Just before we hit the water, he pulls me under a rock so the guards can't see us overhead. They stay for a bit but give up, probably assuming we got hurt and drowned or something. Once the coast was clear we went to land and we both coughed and just collapsed.

We stayed there on the beach resting silently beside each other, trying to catch our breath. It kind of surprised me how calm and quiet everything was now, just a few moments ago I thought I was gonna die. Then I remember that Merlin is here "You are crazy" I say to Merlin.

He scoffs, "Shouldn't you be thanking me? I've saved you how many times now? And the way you were holding onto me felt kinda personal. Don't tell me you've already fallen for me"

"Oh please you're so full of yourself" I just look away, I start to shiver and Merlin notices.

"Whatever you say princess. Let's get going, it's late now and stop shivering you're fine" Merlin gets up and gives me his hand. I take it and get up. We walk for a few minutes and I continue to shiver.

"God just, here" he takes off his shirt and puts it over my shoulders, he has a tank top underneath. Wow his arms are-ew gross.

"Aren't you gonna get a cold?" I ask him,

"No ill be fine besides, you annoyed me with all that shivering" he looks away avoiding eye contact, I just smile. Guess he's not a total jerk after all. We continue walking until we walk up to the house, where the six run out.

"We were so worried about you two, what happened?" Arthur says Merlin explains everything. While he does this I think about what he said about girls being heroes. It made me mad.

"Arthur, can you do something for me?"

"Of course, what is it y/n?" arthur asks,

"Train me so I can fight, I want to prove Merlin wrong" I glare at Merlin and he scoffs.

"I-i mean sure I could" I quickly gave Arthur a hug.

"THANK YOU!!" Merlin just scoffs and walks to the house. Whatever, I don't care.

Before Merlin goes inside he looks at me and smirks, "Goodluck trying to prove me wrong sweetheart" and walks into his room.

"Don't call me that!" I yell back just before the door closes. His stupid comments are just giving me more incentive to prove him wrong. The rest of us go inside and Arthur pulls me aside to talk about what I need to do to prepare for training.

"Tomorrow were gonna work on familiarizing yourself with the dummies and just trying to build up your strength with workouts"

"Sounds good I'll see you then" arthur nods and we each go to our own rooms.

I get into bed ready to sleep but I can't. I can't stop thinking about what happened, and the stupid names merlin keeps calling me and most of all how wrong he is about me. After half an hour of just laying there staring at the ceiling I can't take it anymore.

I get dressed and quickly run outside to get a head start on the training.