"Wait, she wouldn't use the same place twice, would she?" Stiles asked, quickly glancing up.

"Only if she didn't succeed the first time," Max pointed to a red circle that was the animal clinic. One of the only sacrifices- that they were aware of, at least- that had failed was Deaton's.

"That's just one place so far. We're gonna need a lot more help," Lilith leaned forward, resting her chin on her elbow. How were six of them meant to do this on their own? They weren't exactly miracle workers.

"What about Lydia?" Jade questioned. The girl could help them and she also knew bits and pieces about the supernatural world, so it wouldn't be that confusing.

"Lydia? What can she do?" Argent asked, a brow raised in doubt.

"She's kind of got a talent. She can find bodies without actually looking for them."

"Well, what is she? Psychic?"

"She's something."
~

Jade woke up abruptly, groaning as she threw the yellow pillow that had collided with her face to the side. She didn't even have to look up to know who it was. Allison really needed some new tricks because she was getting quite predictable.

The twins had stayed at the Argent's apartment for the night. She's slept on the floor in Allison's room, while Max took the sofa in the living room. They'd made a pit stop at home to get some things and play with Fern for a while. The house felt empty without Scott or Melissa there. Like the house knew it's owners weren't there. Like something was missing.

She got dressed quickly, making a round of coffees for everyone. Max jumped up for the door when it knocked sharply at around ten. Stiles came with breakfast for the group, so they were all well prepared for the undeniably long day ahead of them.

Jade skipped into Argent's office with Stiles walking alongside her. He had no clue why the girl had so much energy for so early in the morning. Sure, they were hopefully going to find Melissa and his dad, but she was a bit too energetic.

Max, Chris, Lilith and Allison were sorting through cases of weapons; bow and arrows, daggers, guns and loads of other things she didn't recognise.

"I thought you guys retired?" Stiles questioned. For a family who were retired, they sure had a lot of guns.

"Retired, yes. Defenceless, no. Now, make sure all of your phones are on. If you hear from Scott, you let us know immediately. Try to remember he's just doing what he thinks is right," Chris replied. He picked up a revolver, throwing it to Max. "Keep it."

"Huh? I'm not even coming with you guys," he argued, brows furrowed. He'd much rather be going with them, but he had to go to school if he didn't want to be kicked out. Even if he only went in for some of the day, it still counted. Well, it counted to him, anyway.

"Yeah. But you have a good aim with guns. It might come in handy, you never know."

"I can't shoot a gun or use a crossbow-" Isaac appeared in the doorway, flicking out his claws. "-but I'm getting pretty good with these." He quickly had to dodge a brioche roll that was thrown at him.

"Oops. Sorry, I thought you'd catch it," Jade noted, pointing to the boy as she opened her fourth croissant of the morning.

~

"What?" Max shut his locker, holding his books as he suddenly realised how quiet the hallway had gotten.

Stiles' hands began to tremble, almost dropping his phone. "Jennifer, she has Chris. She took him. She's got all three now."