Chapter 22: Price Of Freedom

Y/N's POV

After causing a distraction we are now outside of the control room.

I knock on the door and once it opens Sam and Maria pull their guns on a tech guy.

Steve: Excuse us.

The tech guy raises his hands as he moves out of the way.

Then once we get all the tech members out, Maria works on getting Steve and Peggy patched through the P.A. systems around headquarters.

Steve: Attention, all S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents. This is Captain Steve Rogers and Captain Peggy Carter. You've heard a lot about us over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt us down. But we think it's time you know the truth. S.H.I.E.L.D. is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexandra Pierce is their leader. The S.T.R.I.K.E. And insight crew are HYDRA as well. We don't know how many more, but we know they're in the building, they could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury. And it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them.

Once Steve is done he moves out of the way and Peggy steps in front of the mic.

Peggy: This is Captain Peggy Carter, Steve is right. He's right about everything. I know what Steve is asking is a lot. But the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it's a price we're willing to pay. And if me and Captain America are the only ones, then so be it. But we're willing to bet we're not.

Peggy stops and turns.

Sam: Did you two write that down? Or was it all from the top of your head?

Y/N: If it was off the top of your head, then well done.

Steve chuckles at this.

Third Person Perspective

All the Agents heard Steve and Peggy's speech and Rumlow goes over to one of the men.

Rumlow: Preempt the launch sequence. Send those ships up now.

The man looks at Rumlow and then back at the computer.

Rumlow: Is there a problem?

Man: Um...

Rumlow: Is there a problem!?

Man: I'm sorry sir. I'm not gonna launch those ships. Captain's order.

Then Rumlow takes out his gun and points it at the back of his head.

Rumlow: Move away from your station.

Then Kate walks up and points her gun at Rumlow.

Kate: Like he said...

Then everyone points their guns at each other.

Kate: Captain's orders.

Rumlow: You picked the wrong side agent.

Kate: Depends on where your standing.

Rumlow then lowers his gun to his side.

He then drops it and takes out a knife and slashes Kates arm.

Then everyone started shooting.

Amidst all the chaos, Rumlow managed to launch the sequence.

Rumlow then ran out of the room.

Rumlow: Send in Taskmaster now! Now!

Y/N's POV

Sam, Steve Peggy and I are standing around waiting when we hear noises coming from outside.

We go over and look out the window.

Sam: What's happening?

Y/N: Oh my god.

Then Maria comes over the comms.

Maria: They're initiating launch...

Sam, Steve Peggy and I look at each other and know what we have to do.

We then leave the room and the three of us follow Steve.

(Five minutes later)

The four of us are now running towards the helicarriers.

Sam: Hey uh, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?

Steve: If they're shooting at you, they're bad.

Once we jump off the ledge Sam flies of to deal with the Bravo carrier and Steve , Peggy and I jump down so we can deal with the Alpha carrier.

As soon as we land on the helicarrier, we start getting shot at by HYDRA agents.

After taking a few down, a few more come at me, so I start shooting out my webs.

I pick up a flashbang and throw it towards Steve who throws it to the ground and the men are blinded by the bang and Steve takes them down.

Sam then comes over the comms.

Sam: Hey, cap. I think I found those bad guys you were talking about.

Y/N: Sam, you all right?

Sam: Well, I'm not dead yet.

Natasha's POV

Everyone in the room could hear the chaos coming from outside.

Pierce then starts talking. 

Pierce: Let me ask you something. What if Pakistan marched into Mumbai tomorrow and you knew they were gonna drag your daughters into a soccer stadium for execution and you could stop with the flick of a switch. Wouldn't you? Wouldn't you all?

Male Secretary #1: Not if it was your switch. 

He throws a wine glass on the floor. 

After that one of the S.T.R.I.K.E crew members gave Pierce a gun and he pointed it at one of the male secretary.

Then as Pierce was about to pull the trigger I kick the secretary out of the way. 

I then take the gun away from Pierce and I take down the HYDRA agents in the room.

I then pick up the gun and point it at Pierce.

Then I press the button on the side of my head which deactivates my disguise and I take it off.

Natasha: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I step on your moment?