Chapter 22: Remembrance

(1019 words)

Your POV 

"Then why don't you try it on? That might jog your memory." Watching him start to get it out of the case, nodding gently. My eyes staying on the necklace watching it get removed from the case in the white display box it was in. Spinning his finger to get me to turn. 

Nodding gently before turning around so he could put it on me, lifting the necklace over me, watching the pendant swing slightly from the movement. Biting my lip again from anticipation while trying my best to not shake. Feeling the cold metal rest on my chest, clasping it in place. Freezing while standing there, Rumple leaning onto the counter. 

~~ 

"Rumple, what are you hiding behind your back?" I asked as I tried to see what he had behind him. 

"Just something I want to give you, though I don't know if you're ready for it." watching him smirk at me as I tried to get behind him to grab the object. 

"Just give it to me, you don't have to play games." 

Hearing his giggle i smile gently, bouncing slightly with excitement. Bringing the box around for me to see, opening it to reveal a light blue tear drop jewel with a heart shaped diamond above it with a silver chain. 

Bringing my hands up to my face while gasping I look at the necklace before jumping and wrapping my arms around him tightly. Feeling him breath with relief he hugs me back. 

"I take it you like it?" he asked as I pulled away and kissed him. Cutting him off before him returning it. He holds me tightly as he leans into me. Pulling away and holding my hands on his face I smile at him. 

"I love it, Rumple. You know you're enough for me, so what's with the gift?" I ask, he smiles gently as he keeps his hands on my waist. "What did you do?" I asked as I rose my brows to read him.

Shaking his head with a high pitched giggle he smiles gently and kisses me again. "Do I need to do something bad to be able to give you things?" he asked making me smile. 

"I suppose not. Thank you for the necklace." He smiles as he spins me around before it appeared on my neck from the box, grabbing my waist as my back was to him he moved my hair and kissed my neck gently. Purring slightly in my ear as he does. Shivering in his hold as he pulls me closer to him. 

"That necklace looks a lot better on you than it did in the box, love." feeling him nip at my ear slightly I drew in a breath as he chuckles at my reaction. 

~~ 

"(y/n)? Are you all right?" 

Blinking as I was processing Mr. Gold's voice from behind me, his hand on my back as my hand was in his other. Turning slowly and looking at him from wide eyes, I felt a few tears fall from my eyes and run down my cheeks as he watched me, as if he was hoping for something. 

Looking at him for a moment before grabbing the lapels of his suit jacket and pulling him into a kiss. His hands hesitantly landed on my waist before they wrapped around my back, his fingers tracing my sides. Wrapping my arms around his neck, returning the kiss. My hands finding his hair as they used to, he fell against the counter gently after shifting his weight onto his good foot. 

Feeling his breath against mine as he shook his hair slightly, after my hands were out of it and onto his shoulders. Looking down at me my eyes were met with his chocolate brown ones. Holding him close to me as he caught his breath. 

"You have no idea how long I've wanted you to do that, love." smiling before feeling more tears fall, looking up at the man I love. Hugging him tightly, his arms wrapping around me, his face going into the crook of my neck as he kissed it gently. Shivering slightly I spoke while sniffling. 

"I'm just happy you kept your promise." leaning into his chest, breathing in the smell of his cologne. "I will say getting used to you not wearing leather is going to take some getting used to." Watching him chuckle before kissing my forehead i smile as I lean into his hand that wiped my face. 

"I love you." smiling at my words he kissed me again, as if he was trying to take me into him. 

"I love you more, dearie." looking at me he smiles gently. "So, when do you want to move back in with me?" 

Giggling gently as I move some of the hair from his face smiling at him. "I'll have to wait until my lease is out with the apartment, but I don't mind a sleep over here and there." 

"Sleepovers?" he shook his head gently before mumbling as he looks away slightly. "We're gonna do more than sleep." 

Blushing hard, smacking his chest slightly, getting his attention as he smirked at me. "Rumple, we've only just had our first date, I'm not a first date kind of girl." leaning down again and kissing at my neck like he used to, giving small love bites here and there. Remembering how much he used to try and get his way. Wiggling away from him enough for him to look at me again, the same smirk still on his face like it used to be. 

"Just because you know how to push my buttons doesn't mean it'll work this time." I said as he bit his lip, growling lowly. Kissing him again before pulling away from him, giving him his cane and grabbing my purse. 

"I'll see you tomorrow for your morning deliveries. Goodnight" pausing for a moment as I got to the door and turning my head to look at him. "Rumple."