Chapter 14: Giving Up The Secret

(895 words)

Rumple's POV 

It had been a few days since (y/n) had gotten back from the Evil Queen and was asleep in her room. There wasn't much for me to do around the castle besides spin and pace around, stare out windows dramatically. I had wanted to hunt Regina down to see why she stole her heart, to begin with, though I didn't want to risk (y/n) getting kidnapped again. 

Looking at my golden hands as I pulled them in front of me, I sighed a little. There was nothing for me to do besides figuring out what I would tell her. I couldn't wait anymore to tell her, and all I could do was wait to see if she would hate me forever, or if she would understand. Though I'm sure she would end up hating me forever. 

Turning on my heels as I heard a noise down the stairs, I made my way down them and the hall. Getting into the room, I saw that (y/n) wasn't in her bed anymore. Looking around for a second as I stepped in, I heard some glass fall and break. Following the noise, it went to the bathroom. 

"(y/n)? Are you all right?" I asked as I went to grab the door. There wasn't an answer so I knocked a little. "(y/n)?" I asked. 

"Go away! I don't want to see you!" 

Frowning as I heard her voice on the other side of the door. Why didn't she want to see me? Did she know what I hadn't told her yet? "Come out, and talk to me. You haven't eaten in nearly a week." Hearing the door unlock and it swings open, I was met with the girl that I had previously meant nothing to me than a maid. 

Gulping gently as her (e/c) eyes glare at me, she brushed past me. Reaching for her arm, I tried to grab her, only for her to slip away. Clenching my jaw for a moment, I furrowed my brows as I looked at her. "We need to talk about a few things, dearie." 

She spun around and looked at me. Her eyes were full of hate. "We should talk about things! Like why I had my heart ripped out by the Evil Queen! You made me to steal whatever that was from her! You used me." 

I watched as her eyes watered as she looked at me. Looking at her and frowning as I sighed gently. "I'm sorry, I should have told you the plan." she looked at me and shook her head. 

"There are a few things you should have told me, when I saw your dagger I remembered why it looked familiar. Though I didn't put it together until the other night." 

"We should talk about something. It's about your parents, though I don't think you'll like it." she looked at me as her face fell. She knew what was coming and I just had to say it. 

"Your parents made a deal with me, about you. They knew how sick you were and they wanted help. The only thing of it was that I knew they wouldn't be able to give me what I wanted for the deal." 

"What did you want from them? What would possibly be more important than their own daughter?!" Sighing gently as I looked at her, heartbreak clear in her face. 

"My son, I knew that if I saved you, you would eventually show up in my foyer, running from those men you stole from. I knew you would be able to help me" her face fell as it softened. She looked at me for a moment before her eyes fell to the floor and she hugged herself with her arms. I went to step towards her, only for her to step back from me. 

Stopping in my tracks, I sighed gently. "I'm sorry, (y/n). I should have told you sooner, I just didn't know-how. I was afraid." she nodded gently as she glanced up at me for a moment. 

"Afraid of what?" she asked. There were a few tears that fell from her (e/c) eyes. Frowning as I let my hands fall to my sides. I was sure if I didn't have my heart in my vault where it would be locked away, it would be pounding against my ribs.

"I was afraid of losing you, of not being able to get my son back." she looked at me and nodded. Watching as she stepped towards the door before I spoke. "You're leaving?" I asked. She tilted her head toward me for a moment as she hugged herself tighter. The pain in her voice as I heard her speak.

"I'm not leaving the castle, I just." she paused as she tried to stifle her cries. "I just need time to think." Watching as she stepped through the door and turned down to a different room, I looked around the room for a moment before I felt the anger rise within me. Stepping towards the various dressers and shelves in the room, I started throwing everything that rested on them. Panting for a moment I glared at the beast in the mirror. Puffing from the room I was in and ending up in Regina's castle in a cloud of purple smoke. I had an old student to see.