Chapter 13: The fiancés

Start from the beginning

"Give us what we want and we'll let them go without harming them", CasinoRoyale said.

'Up to no good as usual. You really were planning on making sure we'd see each other before you came back home...', Sapnap thought.

"And that would be?" Dream asked.

"That's a detail for later", CasinoRoyale answered. "Now, will you give us what we want, or do we have to burn these poor bystanders?" he asked.

"We won't agree to anything unless you state what you want", 404 said.

"Well, that's too bad then", CasinoRoyale said. "Pyromanic, could you?", he gave the command.

Pyromanic nodded. He put his hand out and multiple fireballs formed. Those fireballs then flew to the vines and started to burn them, the fire slowly spreading towards the people trapped in the hold of the vines.

"Well? Does that make you more motivated?" CasinoRoyale asked.

"You don't want this to turn out ugly, do you, CasinoRoyale?" Dream asked. "Just let the civilians go, and we can talk about what you want", he said.

"As said, I'm not letting anyone go. You whether answer, or we'll burn them", CasinoRoyale said.

'He's getting annoyed and mad. Not too good', Sapnap thought.

Then suddenly the vigilante kid rushed in and pushed Oleander making her loose focus and the vines disappeared.
Sapnap quickly flew in saving as many civilians as he could.

"Sapnap, 404, you guys go after Pyromanic and Oleander. I'll go after CasinoRoyale and the vigilante", Dream said.

"Got it", both Sapnap and 404 said in unison.

After a long fight, Sapnap and 404 managed to get the upper hand and the villains started to retreat.

"Royale! We gotta leave!" Pyromanic shouted as he was running away from the heroes.

The villains then suddenly disappeared.
Dream wanted to talk with the vigilante. 404 was against it, but Dream quieted him.

Dream ordered a healer to come after the vigilante wanted that.

"Dream, am I good to leave now? It is my day off after all", Sapnap said.

"Yeah, sorry for the bother, but the boss said us", Dream apologised.

"That's okay. See ya tomorrow", Sapnap said leaving.
He went home.

Back at home Quackity was bandaging up himself. Even though the chip bombs weren't that big bombs, he always got hurt by them.

Nick walked into the house.

"Hey...", Quackity said as he saw Nick walk in. He seemed to feel bad for some reason.

"What did you even want that you couldn't state there?" Nick asked.

"... Freedom from my previous crimes. For them to be erased. Just don't ask why", Quackity said.

"It's okay", Nick said sitting down next to Quackity. "You need a warming?" he asked.

"Yeah, that would be nice", Quackity said as he leaned onto his lover.

Nick warmed his body up using his power, while making sure he wasn't exerting too much of his flames so that he wouldn't end up literally on fire, burning Quackity.

While Quackity got more relaxed, he let his wings come out. He was a duck hybrid, but his powers had nothing to do with being a duck.

"You feeling alright now?" Nick asked.

"Yeah. Thanks", Quackity said.

"Oh, right, I wanted to ask, how did you get thay scar on your face? I wanted to ask for a while now, but never got to it", Nick asked.

"Well, you know the now deceased villain Tyrant, aka JSchlatt? My ex-fiancé?" Quackity started.

"Yeah, what about him?" Nick asked curious.

"Well, back when I was still quite a noob in the whole villain business, I had teamed up with him and Blade. We were fighting some heroes, but Tyrant betrayed us, and since his power is to control people with words, he managed to control Blade to turn against me. He managed to make Blade give me this scar before he managed to snap out of Tyrant's control", Quackity explained. "It was still a time when I used a mask, and whenever I put my mask on, you could still tell a scar was there, so I just thought of dropping the mask, and just hiding the scar when I'm in civilian", he finished.

"Man, now I'm even more glad that Tyrant suddenly died from a heart attack in the middle of a fight he had with heroes.

"Yeah, me too", Quackity agreed. "Where's Karlos? Time traveling again?" he then asked.

"Yeah. He's doing his duty", Nick said.

"I hope he'll get back soon", Quackity said.

Nick just nodded as they continued to cuddle.

"Hey, dude, your nose. It's bleeding", the diamond vigilante said.

"Ah, yes. Thank you for telling me", Epoch said swiping the blood off. He had tripped earlier. "So, we're just watching and waiting?" he asked.

"It's not like we could do much. I mean, you could, but not me. You're the hero. I'm just the vigilante", Skeppy said.

"I'm sorry, Skeppy. I'm just anxious. My work isn't much more different than observing either. I'm just anxious", Epoch tried to explain.

"Karl, you don't have to do this. This is my mission after all. I need to find this out. But you can leave", Skeppy said.

"Zak, I'm not leaving. You're Nick's dad. I'm not gonna just leave you to your own luck. It could affect Nick as well", Epoch said. "By the way, does Nick know yet about you?" he asked.

"No, not even Darryl knows... Bad's too innocent for that. I can't break his heart by telling him what I am when he himself works with the heroes!" Skeppy said. "I just couldn't do that to him...", he continued, sitting down.

"It's okay. I can imagine how hard it must be. Quackity was having a hard time as well when he told me and Nick about himself at first. But we love him. And that's all that matters", Epoch said.

"Yeah, you're right", Skeppy said.
He then suddenly perked up when he heard noises from the door they were supposed to watch.

"And now the action starts, Epoch!" Skeppy said as he made himself his mask by turning his skin to diamond and jumped into action.

"Finally!" Epoch said pulling his goggles down and jumping into action as well.