Chapter 13: Our People, Our Origin (Part 2) 1/2

Maya and the three all fell silent, mostly Maya; she had always been speechless by her comrade's backstories and was grateful that she had a loving family, great childhood and not too much trauma. Meanwhile, the others have been through things that impacted their interactions with people, their view of the world and their overall personality.

Zatz felt pity just like the rest of the group, relating to the feeling of pain and misery. No one wants to remember memories that reminded you of nasty things. Although, Tira felt something wasn't right. There was this deja vu feeling swirling deep into her soul. Her eyes stared deeply toward Rosetta and Azuru. Rosetta feels that feeling again and turned to Tira.

Before she could ask her why she was staring so intensely, Chimi gave sympathy for Azuru and asked her a question.
"What happened after that?" Azuru rubbed her neck, trying to recall the memories from so long ago, and Chimi could see a discomforting look on her face. Azuru took a bit to remember what happened after; mostly since everything was such a blur and that event happened years ago.

"Well...I ended up on the river shore in The City of Tollah, living there, causing trouble and becoming the gal you all know." She paused on certain parts of her sentence so that she can properly confirm that it actually happened before finishing it off with a shrug. Rosetta looked at Azuru with pain in her eyes, as well as sorrow and without Azuru noticing surprised hugged her.

"I had never known that you and your mother were on terrible terms." She quietly said while Azuru quickly recovered from the shock, and returned the favour. She knew that she wanted to tell someone about this for a long time, and finally got the chance. It felt relieving for her. Azuru smiled before telling her childhood friend.

"It's fine. All I cared about at the time was you." There was a slight tint of pink that rose on Rosetta's cheeks; she never knew that Azuru would care for her that much, even enough to sacrifice one's life. A wide smile curled up on Rosetta's face, with happiness sparkling in her eyes. The others could sense a strong friendship being created there on the spot, but Tira could sense something stronger.

Zatz joined the conversation, but only to ask The Savage Beast an extremely curious question. "Rosetta, when we were fighting Chalchi, I could sense your aura changing into something completely different from what I was familiar with. How is that?" Rosetta happy energy suddenly changed into a gloomy aura, Azuru had her head tilted to the side a bit; as she was confused about who is Chalchi.

Rosetta removed herself from Azuru's safe embrace, before sitting next to her and explaining her side of the story. Tira was also curious about what Zatz had mentioned, so she was all ears. "Well, you see...when those wizards invaded The Predatory Wetlands, I too was caught up in that incident." Now Azuru was genuinely worried about what the wizards has do to her friend, after all, it was entirely her fault that The Wizard Council had attacked the wetlands in the first place.

"Caught up in the incident? What is THAT supposed to mean?" Fear could be traced in her voice, and Rosetta felt a feeling of discomfort from all of the worrying and everyone was even more curious than before. Tira had seen this kind of emotion before and can relate. So she got up from the spot and sat on the opposite side of her.

"It's alright, you don't have to say if it's too personal. But if you want to, please take your time. Breath." Tira rubbed her back soothingly to help her get more relaxed. The feeling reminded Rosetta of her mother when she helped her whenever she would feel down or scared. She wanted to cry, the pain of her deceased loved leaving her too soon had caused her to fall apart, but she kept it in. Although, her emotion was too strong, and won by letting out a few streams of tears pour out of her eyes.

There was a moment of silence, and everyone made sure that she was comfortable enough to continue the conversation. Azuru saw this scene and thought to herself sorrowfully yet happily. "Despite all of that strong personality and confidence, you're still the same polite and sensitive kid I knew. "