Chapter 2: Time Repeats

Time has passed since the War against Lord Mictlan, The Kingdom of Teca had slowly recovered from the war, and Maya looked from her balcony as the sunlight showed upon her pyramid. Her vision followed her citizens as children played with their friends and mothers looking after them or walking around the Kingdom. She recalled all the memories from the war and smiled for those who courageously fought beside her and died for the safety of humanity. The echo of footsteps was heard from afar, and she craned her neck to look at the approaching being, and it was Zatz who came in and sat next to Maya.

"What's wrong, mi amor?" He brought her face towards his, and her eyes softened. She was smiling once she felt him in her presents. Maya's hand slithered its way onto Zatz's hand and intertwined.  

"Nothing. I'm remembering the war and how I'm so grateful to have you by my side." A small peck landed on Zatz's cheek and got a little flustered from the unexpected kiss.

"I'm glad that fate allowed me to meet you." He replied charmingly, their chest beating the same rhythm as their passionate love filled the air; that is until two familiar voices were heard at the entrance of Maya's room.

"Hey, guys!" Chimi spoke as Rico followed behind, both smiling happily at their beloved friends. This sudden intrusion caused Zatz and Maya to jump from surprise and turn their attention to the two. Maya began to brighten up once she saw them; she got up from her bed and gave each of her friends a hug. For her, it felt like years since she last saw them all together like this. After the war, they had been busy with the new changes that had occurred from Lord Mictlan's reign of terror, and Maya didn't have too much time to spare since she needed to help her Kingdom built and heal. 

"Chimi! Rico! It's so good to see you." Zatz followed behind and greeted the others as well. Shanking their hand politely, Zatz too was glad to meet everyone again after a long time. Maya let out a sigh as Rico's arms wrapped around her.

"Good to see you too, Maya," Rico said as he hugged her back, smiling as she greeted him; Maya did the same. Chimi hugged her and, Maya was more than happy to return the favour.

"What are you doing here?" Maya raised a brow as she asked. She didn't recall inviting them to the pyramid, from what she could tell. Maya turned and exchanged a look to Zatz, who couldn't answer since he didn't expect this either, shrugging instead of an actual answer. 

"We came here to celebrate your birthday!" Chimi revealed their sudden appearance. Maya had forgotten that today was her birthday, conveying a face of shock to her friends, her mouth gaping a bit; Rico then continued the conversation.

"We wouldn't miss it for the world." His awkwardness showed, as usual. They both smiled, and Maya cupped her mouth with her hands from joy and gave them a group hug and awed. Zatz joined in, wrapping his arms around everyone and pulling them closer to each other. They all shared a moment of silence once they were together again.

Later on, they all walked through the pyramid corridors and Maya, heard loud music and happy cheering from outside. Curiously, she ran and went out to the pyramid's exit; the others followed. Then she saw that everyone in her Kingdom had hosted her party and come to celebrate. Women and children were seen dancing like the others playing music for the performers. It was like a festival, lively and magical, with flower petals spread across the Kingdom's floor and citizens dressed up in colourful costumes to represent eagles clothing and jaguars with their feathery or furry clothing. A smile spread across her face widely, and she looked back to her friends, and the three came together and shouted.

"Feliz Cumpleaños Maya!"

"Aw~ Thank you, guys." Chirping happily, bliss-filled her heart as appreciation towards their hard work on bringing all of this together. Maya never thought that she would celebrate her day of birth with her loved ones.