Chapter 12: The Obsidian Butterfly

Morning horizon had slowly risen from the dark forest and lit up the entire kingdom for them to wake up and start another day. The heroes have already woken up to help each other organize the supplies for the final destination. Everyone but Tira was on the table in their temporal home. It was located on a balcony, letting the heroes have a perfect view of the entire kingdom; they watched the citizens as they were the size of ants.

Finally, slow steps were heard from the hallway when everyone was almost finished with breakfast. They all looked to where the sound was coming from and saw Tira, tried as the dead. She sat on the table, her hair was ruffled, and she was still in her nightgown that the servants had provided her. It was long and plain that went down until her knees.

"Good Morning, Tira!" Rosetta called out to her in a sing-song voice, but there was no reply. Only a soft grumble came out of her mouth before sitting down on the end of the table. A plate of fruits was displayed before her, and she couldn't eat.

"Goodness, she must be tried." Rosetta thought, feeling bad for the poor Tira. She told her to go back to her room so that she could get more rest. As she got up and left the table, Chimi asked Rosetta.

"Why did you do that?" Her voice was confused yet serious, Rosetta let out a tired sigh, before looking at the Skull Archer before replying.

"I don't think she has recovered from yesterday's shenanigans, so I will be a bit sympathetic and let her rest before we can pack up our things." She was right, some people will need more time to recover than others; mentally, physically and emotionally. From what Zatz and Rosetta could tell, her mental health isn't the best from all of the things she did and say. After breakfast, they have been offered boxes and other supplies that they would need for the journey. A little while later, Tira got out of her room, recharged and ready to help her teammates to continue their paths to victory.

Although she didn't talk as much, in fact, she didn't talk at all. Still ashamed that an adult like her had run away like a coward. Everyone felt bad that she didn't fully recover from last night, but no matter what, they must continue the war with Tezcatlipoca. Once the supplies were prepared, they went out to find Chiapa so that they can go to the Divine Gate.

Finally, after hours of working, loading and preparing, the heroes were ready to set off. As everyone was ready to ride on Chiapa and leave the Kingdom of Mauli.

"Wait!" Before Maya could command Chiapa to head off into the forest, a familiar yet annoying voice could be heard from a distance. It was Segva, the chiefess who, a lot of the team dislike for her sexist beliefs.

"I would like to wish you good luck on your journey." That was all she had to say, the heroes then continued to go but they were interrupted by her again.

"I still do not understand why Zatz is not the leader, Maya you shouldn't even lead in the first place." Those words hurt, but in a way that Maya was filled with anger, but Tira let out a groan of frustration as she approached Segva. Rosetta was concerned about what she had intended to do while Azuru on the other hand, whisper.

"Patearle el culo." She lowly giggled before getting an elbow nudged from Rosetta, upset from her choice of words. Although, she did believe that Segva should be taught a lesson about speaking out loud her thoughts. Tira's height towered over her as Segva was unsure what she wanted.

"If Maya is not supposed to be the leader, wouldn't your husband be the leader and shouldn't you be a housewife?" Her voice sounded threatening like she was implying to murder this poor woman who was a lot smaller and less experienced on the battlefield. The heroes looked at the scene in shock, other than Zatz who knew her real age, everyone didn't expect someone to scold an adult.