The baseball game

Start from the beginning

-12 pm-

I was currently sitting at a table, alone, eating some fries and waiting for Jaden. He was standing in the queue and hadn't seen me yet.

A couple minutes, later he spotted me and sat next to me.

"Hey y/n, sorry it took so long. The queue was long... So, how did it go with Mimi?" Jaden asked as he stuffed his mouth with food.
"Well, I didn't forgive her. I found out that Ava had manipulated her, but Mimi literally fell for it..." I said as I buried my head in my hands.

"Y/n, you need to forgive her." Jaden began in a calm voice. "After all, she is your best friend, and it wasn't just her - all this bullshit is Ava's fault."
I rolled my eyes.

"Jaden, you don't understand. She took 'revenge' and shared my personal information." I said. "Y/n, just please consider it." Jaden said, giving me a smile before he left the table.

Dumb mf really left me here alone.
I took my phone up and called my real bestie.

"Hey, Y/n!"
"Hey, Isa."
"How are you?"

"I'm in trouble. A girl named Ava is spreading false information about me and a guy named Jaden."
"Ouch.. Damn, remember that girl 'Sophia' that went to our school?"
"Yeah."
"She left the school 2 weeks ago because a rumor started."
"What?"
"Yuh, her best friend told everyone she slept with her boyfriend."

"Best friend? You mean Leah!?"
"YEAH!!"
"Since when did Leah get a boyfriend?"
"She.... Uhm.." Isabella hesitated.
"Speak!" I whisper yelled.

"Okay, okay. Well, she got with Jackson a couple weeks ago..." Isabella said, almost whispering it.
"And you didn't tell me?!"
"No, I thought it wasn't necessary. And by the way, he became a player since you left him; he is so desperate... like Anthony from Bridgerton!" Isabella said.
I chuckled.

"I want to hear more about that later, bye for now." I said as I hung up.

I took my tray up to the canteen and began walking to Math class.

-3 pm-

Jaden had a game today, so I was watching the baseball team getting ready. I wrote to my Dad, Noah and Hector in our group chat.

"Hello, everyone! Please come to the baseball game to support the wolves." I wrote before sending it. About 10 minutes later, my Dad responded.

"I'm so sorry, y/n, we can't attend. I have to go to the Cinema with Hector, and Noah is out on a date ;)"

Noah, a date?! And he didn't even care to tell me. Man, this guy.

I wrote back, "Okay, then it's just going to be me and Jaden's family."

-5 pm-

Jaden's family arrived and I spotted Javon. He spotted me too and waved at me.

"Hey y/n!" He said and sat down beside me.
"Hey there, Javon. Could you please introduce me to your family?" I asked. He nodded.

"This is Jayla, my older sister." He said as a pretty girl turned to me.
"Hey! Y/n right? Jaden told the whooooooole family about you." She said.

"This is Daelo, or Mumps as we call him, and he is, as you can see, our younger brother." Javon said and smiled. Daelo simply smiled at me before turning back to the baseball field. He looked really amazed.

"And lastly, these are my parents." Javon said, pointing at a strong guy, almost like The Rock, and an extremely pretty lady.

"Hey there, y/n? I hope I said your name correctly. I'm Jessica, but you can just call me Jess." She said - I already loved her.

"And I'm Dj, nice to meet you, kid." Dj said. He also seemed very nice. All these people I just met made me feel safe.

"Nice to meet the whole tribe! I'm sorry my family couldn't be here... other plans. But Jaden's game starts in 5 minutes!" I said excitedly, and they all began to clap.

"GO JADEN!!!" Jayla yelled, and so the game began.

-6 pm-

The game was done and the wolves won. Hurray!!

As they hugged and celebrated on the field, Jaden ran towards Javon and hugged him, then Jayla, Daelo, Jessica, and Dj. He came towards me as I said, "Great game Jae, proud of you." 
I gave him a big smile, and then he hugged me tight.

He looked me in my eyes as he let go of me. Our intense eye contact got interrupted by Daelo.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go home." He said. Javon looked at us and smirked.

-7 pm-

I got home - Dad and Hector were also home, but not Noah.

"Hi dad, where's Noah?" I asked.
"Welcome home sweetie, he is at a party." He smiled.

We ate really late dinner, but it was just frozen pizza. As my dad went on a walk with Rocky, I cleaned the table as Hector went to bed.
I brushed my teeth and went to bed too.

As I was resting in my bed, I couldn't stop thinking about Jaden. Were we only friends? Or could we be more? 

I came to the conclusion that I shouldn't worry about it and just focus on our friendship.
My eyes felt heavy and I finally fell asleep.

A/N: Hi, guys! Sorry for anyone who noticed the sudden changes in this chapter's layout and stuff - had some problems with my editor. Should be all good now, though :)