"Honestly, Elle, no matter how much I tell you that Luke seriously likes you, you wouldn't listen. That is unless he himself tells you and I hope he does it soon before it's too late." My mother muttered with a sense of hopelessness. I shrugged and hoped that she'd let go of the topic.

I was happy. I was happy that I could spend time with Luke. I knew that Luke liked me but at the same time, I knew it wouldn't last long. He'd probably leave me like Ian did cause let's face it, he did leave me on the day I was admitted with cancer. Luke was perfect and therefore, I was sure that what he felt then had to be a reckless and spontaneous feeling.

"You finished packing, right? Well, go on and talk to your dad, okay? He did tell me he wanted to talk to you. So go. He'll probably be in his room." I got up from my bed and left the room, leaving my mum in my room.

Entering his room, I saw my dad work on the computer. He looked at me and smiled, gesturing me to come in. He left the computer and sat next to me as I planked down on his bed.

"Dad? You called for me, right?" I asked him. He looked at me grimly and spoke, "I'll miss you, you know, Elle. A lot." I hugged him with his sudden outburst with few tears rolling down my face.

"I'll miss you too, Dad." I looked at him, managing to put in a fake smile that sure looked real.

"I'm proud of you, Elle. No matter what. You remember that, alright?" I nodded my head while he continued, "And I think you like Luke and I approve." I could sense a tinge of humor in his voice. I banged my head on his shoulder and groaned, "Not you too." He laughed.

He ruffled my head and exclaimed, "Ah! Young Love. Your mum and I used to hate each other, you know?" I shook my head and sat properly to hear another one of my parents' adorable stories.

It was blissful. My parents had a very cliché love story. They met at high school and fell in love but yeah, they played it hard to get. I had heard that they used to fight every day whilst their friends laughed it off. My parents had their happily ever after.

"Vanessa and I had a big fight, the previous day. It was depressing for both of us. As much as we loved fighting with each other, we hated it when it hurt both of us. So I decided to drive to her home to apologize." I giggled and shouted, "My daddy is in looove." His eyes sparkled.

"Well on the way, I met with an accident." I gasped. "And, yeah, it was a bloody scene. I was taken to the hospital by few passerby. The doctor said that I'd require few days rest but other than that, I was all fine." He explained.

"Brutal. Mum knew?" I enquired, curiously.

"That's the best part, Elle. Your mum came to visit me and man, wasn't she an emotional wreck. She came and sat next to me and then, abruptly started shouting on me, stringing in few cuss words and curses here and there. And then she cried. She just cried, Elle. And hugged me. Oh, wasn't she pissed? And don't tell your mum but she looks hot when she's angry." I mentally groaned at my dad telling me about his external feelings to my mum. As much as it was adorable, I felt weird. I let out a puking action in front of my dad and he laughed and ruffled my head, just as he loved doing it from years.

"It was then she confessed that she loved me. Like who wouldn't? I was a charming man then. Nevertheless, it was then that I realized that I loved this woman next to me." I let out an uneasy laugh while I heard a cough from somewhere near the door. Dad and I turned to look and there stood my mother, looking all almighty and might I add, raging. She came and sat next to me whilst she glared at my dad.

"Charming, says who? Honey, not to burst your bubble of ego, I had got way more proposals and have always wondered why I'm stuck with you." My mother said sarcastically to my dad while she fluttered her eyebrows at him. I laughed and high-fived my mum.