44- Ryujin/Yeji

"We have to go" Mina says.

"Where would we go?" Beomgyu ask, "What about my parents? Are they gonna be okay? Since the High Priestess cut off their way to spy on us then they know we caught on."

"They should be fine but right now we have to go. I don't know how close they are or how far they are" Somi says.

"Again, where would we go?" Beomgyu ask.

"We can't go. Yeji is coming here" I remind them.

"We have no choice. They will actually kill of us because now it's confirmed that you two are hybrids and theyll find out were one and they will kill your friends thats helping" Somi tells us.

"We can go to my place" Heejin says.

"They'll know you're involved and they'll search the coven" Somi says.

"I'm not talking about the coven. I'm talking about my personal place. No one knows where that is except the other witches and it has spell to be invisible to others."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Beomgyu gets ready.

"I'll stay and wait for Yeji" I announce.

"No" Chaeyoung looks at me, "You're the one they want the most because you're the reason why we're getting together and have enough courage to stand up to them."

"I can't just let Yeji come here. What if she comes and they're here? They would take Yeji too. I'm not gonna allow that" I say.

"I'm not staying. I'm gonna go and hopefully meet them along the way. She usually takes the same way when coming here" I add.

"I'll go, Ryujin. Lia is there too but you need to be safe" my best friend says.

"Ryeongie" I whine.

"Don't start. You know you can't win against me" she says using her stern voice.

"I'll go with her" Winter says.

"I'll go too in case they run into some trouble" Chaeyoung joins.

"Are you sure?" Mina ask.

"Yes" she nods.

"What's going on here?" Someone says and we all turn towards the door in a panic.

"Yeonjun, what are you doing here?" My brother ask.

"I was gonna ask if you wanted to hang out but you seem busy" Yeonjun says.

"Have you seen Yeji?" I ask.

"No?" He says, confuse, "I didn't come from that direction. Is everything okay? Everyone seems so tense."

"Who is that?" Somi ask.

"That's my brother's best friend. He's a vampire" I answer.

"Does he know?" Mina ask.

"No" Beomgyu answers before going towards Yeonjun, "You need to leave."

"What? I just got here. We haven't hung out in a while. Are you ditching me and making new friends?" Yeonjun says, a bit hurt.

"No, I'll explain some other time but you have to leave for now" my brother tries to push him away.

"No! What's going on?" Yeonjun looks annoyed now.

My brother stops pushing and they face each other. "I thought I'm your best friend so why are you hiding things from me? Do you not trust me? Is it because I'm a vampire?" Yeonjun ask.

"It's not that I don't trust you. I don't want you involved because you might get hurt" my brother sighs.

"Should I be jealous?" Somi stands next to me.

"Nah, it's just how they are. You'll get used to it" I say while still watching the two.

"I don't think we have time for this. We need to leave" Heejin drags me with her out the door and the rest follows.

"Chaeryeong! Make sure you take care of Yeji!" I shout while being dragged.

"Wait!" Chaeryeong runs to us.

"I don't know where your house is" she says to Heejin.

"Give me your arm" Heejin request so Chaeryeong gives her arm.

"This is temporary. Follow this path once you get in the woods from where your pack's territory" Heejin instruct.

"Okay, I'll you there" Chaeryeong nods before taking off with Winter and Chaeyoung.

---

"Do you hear that?" I stop walking.

"Hear what?" Woozi ask.

"Heavy footsteps coming towards us?" I say. Normally, I just ignore it but for some reason these steps stand out to me.

"It's Chaeryeong" Lia says.

"How do you know?" I furrow my brows.

"Do you not know Ryujin's footsteps? What kind of a mate are you?" Lia judges me.

"Not a creepy one?" I answer.

"I'm not creepy" Lia pouts.

"You are but it's okay. We still love you" Yuna hooks her arm on Lia's shoulder.

After a few minutes, Chaeryeong arrives with Winter and someone I've never met before. "Why are you here? We were just on our way" Lia says.

"Change of plans. The council knows about Ryujin and Beomgyu. They have both of their parents. The mom in the house turned out to be a spy so we're going to the witch's house" Chaeryeong explains.

"Where's Ryujin?" I ask, feeling disappointed that she's not the one here.

"That's not the question to ask right now?" Yuna looks at me then at Chaeryeong, "Who is she?" She points at the unknown woman.

"I'm Chaeyoung. Another hybrid and Ryujin is not here right now because keeping her safe is our goal right now. Us, hybrids, believe that she will be our key to come out from hiding and be able to live in this world like others."

"Who is he?" Winter points at Woozi.

"His name is Woozi. He's a leprechaun and the fairy in his pocket is Yeri. They want to join us because they're in love" Lia announces.

"We're not in love. We're just fond of each other" Woozi says.

"You don't love me?" Yeji flies out of his jacket.

"Get back in here. People might see you" Woozi looks around.

"Why would I? You don't love me" Yeri turns her back on him and scoffs.

"I do but I've never said it out loud so it's weird for me" Woozi sighs, "So please get back in my jacket before anyone sees."

Yeri ponders for a moment but decides to go back in because he does have a point. "I'm sorry" he whispers to her but she doesn't respond.

"Uhm, I don't want to ruin this lover's quarrel but we should get going" Chaeyoung says.

We start following Chaeryeong and Winter because I guess we have to go to their territory to be able to find the witch's house.

I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this whole situation. Why does it feel like it's not going to be as peaceful as everyone is planning it for or maybe I'm the only thinking it's gonna peaceful and everyone else is planning for a fight?

Or maybe I'm scared because Ryujin is in the center of it all. I care for her so much already and it's scary. Is it too late to stop this and just run away with her? Would she run away with me?