43- Ryujin

Were back at the house now and it seems like a few hybrids have arrived. The High Priestess is with us too and she's currently chatting with my mother.

I'm laying on the floor to stretch out my back when I see Somi walk past me but next thing I know someone's foot is on my neck, choking me.

I grab the foot and twist it, hearing a crack. I stand up, ready to fight but to my surprise it's Somi.

"Somi, what the fuck!?" I shout.

"What's happening?" My brother comes back from his room.

"Your fucking mate just tried to kill me!" I continue to shout.

Beomgyu looks at Somi, waiting for an explanation.

"I didn't try to do anything. I stepped on her neck to see her reaction" Somi says like we would magically understand why she did it.

"How did you think she was gonna react? Accept it and hug your foot?" My brother questions.

"Well she broke my ankle" Somi says.

"You stepped on my neck?!" I cry out because I'm getting frustrated like what she did is not a big deal.

"Would you have stepped off if she wasn't able to stop it?" My mom suddenly ask.

Beomgyu and I both look at my mom, "You knew she was gonna do that?" I ask her, feeling hurt.

"Yes" my mom simply answers.

"Why is no one explaining what's going on?" My brother ask as he looks at everyone.

"Your mom told us that Ryujin has been to isolation. She was there for a month and she survived without blood. Not only that but she's completely back to normal" Somi starts to explain things.

"So?" I say, "They gave me blood afterwards then I tried to kill my mate. What's the big deal?"

"The council probably has suspicions that you're a hybrid, that's why they made that your punishment. Since Yeji supposedly reported it, they couldn't properly get you killed because it was stopped before something happened. Your mom thinks this too and that's probably they took your father to confirm it."

"They took my dad to prove I'm a hybrid? How is that gonna work?" I ask.

"Weren't you ready to attack them when you first learned about your father being taken? You would have showed your strength that only hybrids have."

"That doesn't explain how being isolated gets them proof that I'm a hybrid though?" I question.

"You're not the first hybrid they put into isolation. That's what they do because after a certain amount of time of not having blood, we go crazy. Blood thirsty. We lose control of ourselves and attack innocent humans or even other creatures then they can use that as reasons to show others why hybrids are dangerous and how we should be stopped. Not everyone was lucky as you. Once you become a bloodthirst monster, you can't go back but here you are, still normal."

"I think normal is a bit of a stretch" my brother comments.

"Shut up or I will step on your neck" I threaten him.

"How did you control yourself?" Another hybrid speaks up.

"I'm Chaeyoung, by the way. This is my mate, Mina" she points at a taller woman.

"I'm Ryujin, nice to meet you" I introduce myself first, "And I don't know. I was at my mate's house ready to kill her but I guess she brought me back to normal? Prior to that I just wanted revenge because I thought she turned me in but then after she explained things, my anger started disappearing."