42- Yeji

"So we're you scared when Beomgyu's mate came? Because you looked scared" Lia teases.

"You think that's funny?" I frown.

Were on our way back from the mermaids. I didn't want to be away from Ryujin but knowing that she's not with Somi helps make me feel better. I'm just hoping the witches aren't pretty.

The discussion with the mermaid wasn't hard. Sieun already supports me no matter what but I still have to make sure they'll support us if ever the council request for a vote to change things.

"I can't believe I'm Chaeryeong's mate" Lia chuckles while spinning in circles, feeling like a princess.

"You two suck. I'm all alone" Yuna pouts.

"Your time will come, young one" Lia pats Yuna's shoulder.

"I don't know though. That was a surreal experience for me. I never cared about that but the idea of Ryujin not being mated with me just seems wrong. She belongs with me and I belong with her" I say.

"Shouldn't we talk to your mom too before we go back to Ryujin's place? I mean I feel like she should know that her daughter is planning to go against the council" Lia says.

"You're right but she made it known but she won't get involved. She won't stop it but she also won't help" I say.

"We should still tell her" Yuna sides with Lia.

"Fine" I sigh in defeat.

We take a detour to stop by my place before going back to Ryujin's. She should be back by now unless the witches has done something to them.

We enter my house and I tell my friends to wait for me. I want to talk to my mom alone. I don't know how she's gonna react and I don't want my friends to be there if she reacts badly

"Mom?" I knock on her bed room door.

"Come in" my mom says.

"What are you doing?" I ask, trying to make small talk first.

"I'm just reading. Do you need something? You rarely come to me lately, especially since Ryujin has entered the picture" she smiles at me.

"Is she treating you well?" My mom ask.

"It hasn't been long since I've really accepted it. And she spent a lot of that time in isolation so we're just taking things slow. Her brother found his mate though and there was confusion because Ryujin's wolf reacted to her the same way Beomgyu did so I thought maybe there was a mistake but turns out there's no mistake. Ryujin is my mate and that lady is Beomgyu's mate. I have to admit I did get scared. I really like Ryujin and the idea of us not being mate is just not something I'll be okay with. How do you if you're starting to love someone though? Do you think Ryujin and I right for each other? I feel comfortable around her. I don't have to pretend to be a fun vampire and she listens to me well. I'm afraid what will happen during this whole thing with the council—"

"Yeji, take a second to breathe" my mom chuckles, "I get it. You like Ryujin and I'm happy for you but why are you here instead of annoying your friends or maybe making out with Ryujin" my mom jokes.

"Mom! Why would you say that to me?! That's weird that you said the work make out" I shiver at the thought of my mom seeing me kiss or make out Ryujin.

"You two haven't done it, right?" My mom ask.

"Mom! Too personal" I exclaim and she continues to laugh.

"Mom, I don't know when was the last time you've read my thoughts but please don't do it ever again. I'm at that age where I may have thoughts that I don't want you to know" I embarrassingly admit.